Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits Shows Movement In Dh's Claim!

Rate this question

hedgey

Question

It was sitting at Gathering Evidence for months, and the blasted thing kept saying that he'd missed his Due Date for submitting his VCAA, etc.

I say "blasted" because poor DH was in a state over the thought of missing a deadline. Yesterday evening it had suddenly changed to "Preparation for Decision". Skipped right over "Review of Evidence".

I'm trying to keep his spirits up. He's worried now that since they skipped the Review step, they're going to deny him.

I figure this step will last a while since it doesn't seem to mention anything about deadlines.

But at least "PAST DUE" in red letters is gone. What a relief!!

Let us be kind, one to another, for we are each of us together in our pain.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

You don't have anything to worry about. My claim did the same thing. And now it's been in decision phase for 3 months. According to vso less than a month left to go. That was over a week ago.

Why arrive at the grave relatively unscaithed, rather than to skid in sideways yelling "Holy Crap! What a Ride!"

Cavtrooper, thanks for the boost! I was thinking back and it only took a few months from my own PTSD C&P until I had the decision in my shaking hands. Hopefully it'll go as quickly for DH.

Carlie, no, we still don't have any of his newer MH records or the C&P report. It's not quite 3 weeks since the C&P, so it won't surprise us if it's another week or more. I called down to the ROI office quite a while ago when we were trying to get his MH records and the man said they were backlogged as they were short-handed. This was back in the holiday season, so it made sense then.

I'll post as soon as the records/report arrive. I know it will tell us a lot about what we might expect.

Only thing that is giving us any inkling is that his VA psychiatrist and therapist have both suggested he consider retiring and leaving work, since he's not able to control his temper very well. As I said elsewhere, all the Viet Nam vets who were his supervisors since he started there have retired themselves, so he's left working for younger people who don't understand. It's not unreasonable, I know. He knows he shouldn't raise his voice at meetings or slam his fist on desks... it's not proper behavior and he knows it. The older guys used to be able to look at his face and tell him to go take a walk before things boiled over. These younger fellows just don't know what they're seeing or why.

Agh, off topic again. Can you tell this is weighing on my mind a LOT?

Thanks again, Cav & Carlie.

It moved again!

I checked it again on Tuesday and it's moved to "Pending Decision Approval"! I'm impressed that it was in the previous stage for less than three weeks.

I hope this is a good sign. We still haven't received any of his VA Health records - not medical, mental health or C&P.

I know it could suddenly jump back to Gathering Evidence, but I keep looking at it anyway.

If it's really moving this fast, it's scary as heck. It's so much easier to stamp DENIED than it is to evaluate, consider, decide, etc.

So many people have been waiting forever, but this seems to be going through like grass through a goose. What horrible shoe is about to drop?