Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

First Payment In The Bank

Rate this topic

aggie54

Retired 9/1/2010. Opened claim on 7/25/2010. Granted 90% Service Connceted,with several issues Deferred to include left eye blindness"central vein Occlusion and retinopathy" with effective date of 3/1/2012. Receiving Social Security due to my Service Connected Disabilities. First payment due to post on 4/1/2012. Question regarding my retro money dating back from 9/1/2010 day after my retirement date of 8/31/2010. Dfas already verified that i don't owe them any money,so when should I expect the retro from the VA? I recently also applied for IU due not being able to work. Any opinions will be greatly appreicated. Thank you all in advance.

Aggie

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please read my extensive write up on this subject matter. I am a retired Navy Veteran going through this process. it will take a very long time. My open post describes the process as well as input from other Veterans.

The CRDP program was completely changed last year as to the way you get paid by the VA. To put in a simple statement:

1. You receive an increase from the VA in disability pay and the following applies:

A: You are a retired military member receiving retired pay(20 years)

2.. The VA automatically sends this info to DPAS once a month(if the deadline is missed-it sits in a holding pattern for the next month)

Once DPAS gets this-it is sent for the audit review-which is only done after the next military pay period is completed. (2-3 months)

3. This audit review is sent back to the VA once a month(they go in batches) Miss transfer date, another month go by.

4. Once the VA receives this, it basically sits for 45 days. Then it will go into development for a review.

5. Presently, I have been told it takes 45-90 days before they review it and you get your retro.

6.. If you were retired member with 20 years, with at least 50% disability from the VA, the DPAS only withholds a small amount-for me at 70% it is only 5.00

Keep in mind this will go away I believe its next year, with no more with holding. This was a program where they included VETS in this category with 50 % or more.

7. However, if you receive less than 50% the DPAS will withhold the amount the VA pays you dollar for dollar. You will get the full amount from the VA.

t_read_dot.png

No Retro!

in Eligibility - Veterans Disability Compensation

We also thank you for your service and welcome aboard!

Edited by COOL BREEZE

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use