Left side face numb with dribble

staggering

lack of sleep

depression

always tired

pupils dialateing and blurred vision

hearing and ringing

slurred speech

-I just couldnt take it anymore and put on my black suit and tie. luckily somthing inside told me to try the suicide hitline from va

-met the mh doc who said he thinks I have tbi since I have a documented lod head would were I was unconcious for 9 hours and my symptoms

-phych seemed to concur and is setting me up with neurology testing.

"My question is....Since Im already 40% for hearing loss and tinitus will these stand alone? or since they are symptoms of tbi could they be combined into my tbi rateing?

After studying the rateing criteria I belieave Im a strong 40% canadit and mild 70% canadit for my rateing of tbi.

If they decided Im 40% tbi, could they put my hearing and tinitus rateing as just part of my tbi and leave my total disability compensation at 40%?

Thanks for any help

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

When VA has inservice proof of any incident that causes a TBI, they will rate the residuals claimed.

The residuals have to be associated with medical evidence, to the inservice trauma.

I foresee no way they could use your hearing loss and tinnitus as symptoms of TBI at this point and prevent the TBI residual rating.

If you have any MH issues ( and TBI is certainly a stressful event) you should formally claim that too.

VA will SC PTSD as separate from TBI residuals.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

My private hearing doctor conducted a hearing test and wrote that my tinitus and hearing loss is at leaste as likely as not related to my head injury during military service. would this be considered a good nexus to get my tbi service connected?

My private hearing doctor conducted a hearing test and wrote that my tinitus and hearing loss is at leaste as likely as not related to my head injury during military service. would this be considered a good nexus to get my tbi service connected?

Did your "private hearing doctor" also note that they had reviewed your SMR's

or medical records tied to whatever you are SC'd for / tbi etc...?

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Btw i am nly sc for hearing and tinitus but currently trying to get tbi sc. I never opened a claim for tbi. The va doctors seem to be makeing it happen all on their own after I cotacted the va suicide line. But I figure I might as well do what I can to help the tbi become sc. The syptoms are mostly why I was about to end myself