Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Advise

Rate this question

doogie

Question

I hope this is the right forum

Today i got a letter from the VA concerning my cardiovascular claim for benifits

I have been fightin since 1984 and am getting discouraged and deressed

Really getting me frustrated

The VA now says the SSA will not give them the medical records evidence for my 100% SSA disability

What do i do now???

any suggestions would be appreciated

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Then you go to the SSA office yourself and get copies of the records and send them to the VA. They cannot deny you copies of your own medical records. There may be a charge or a fee but it would be worth it.

doogie,

I am so sorry about your discouragement, frustration, and depression over this process, but please don't lose hope. Have you attempted to contact SSA about the records? It's odd that SSA would not have given VA the records. However, I learned something recently, in dealing with my own VA claim, which could be causing this, although it still sounds odd to me. VA did obtain my SSA records, but not having any idea what is in them since I never requested them, personally, back when I should have, I attempted to get copies from SSA myself to see what they have. I was unable to get them because since my SSA claim is an older claim, and it is not for benefits sought from SSA, if I wanted the copies, it was going to cost me several hundred dollars because my documents are not on a disc, but on paper and they charge not only for the copies, but for processing the request. However, I flew off a letter to the privacy rights office of SSA, asking why I could not obtain said copies without a hardship to me since I have no remedy except to trust that VA is not attempting to use SSA files against me (which I felt they were, but I could not dispute anything, without those files.) I received a response from that office with explicit instructions and reasons for being able to obtain the copies without the ridiculous charges, one of them seeming to be if it was for another benefit (paraphrased as I don't have the letter in front of me. So, if I were you, I would attempt to request SSA records through my local office (they will refer you to them). Your claim is older than mine, so chances are, they are not on disc, so you may get the same response I did. At that point, you can contact the privacy rights office and attempt to get those records yourself by making note of what you need them for. After the fact, I did not attempt to obtain the records by the manner they explained in their letter because I am awaiting my pending official notification from VARO, although I will get around to requesting them through the process if I don't get my notice soon. If you are unable to track the privacy office, get back to me through pm and I will look for my information. I'd sent my letter by fax and by mail and received a response by mail. Please never give up...easier said than done, I know. Warm regards!!

I hope this is the right forum

Today i got a letter from the VA concerning my cardiovascular claim for benifits

I have been fightin since 1984 and am getting discouraged and deressed

Really getting me frustrated

The VA now says the SSA will not give them the medical records evidence for my 100% SSA disability

What do i do now???

any suggestions would be appreciated

I'm moving your topic to Claims/ Benefits Forum.

What cardiac issues have you requested SC for?

When and where did you serve?

Which do you receive SSI or SSDI.

Due to what medical conditions did SSA grant?

Do you have a copy of everything that you submitted to SSA

that you can make another of and provide it to VA yourself.

Did you sign and submit a ROI to SSA for release of your records

to VBA ?

Have you paid a visit to your local SSA office to see what the problem is

and how to remedy it ?

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

I was in the US NAVY from APR 1964--FEB 1968

served in special ops capacity with UDT operatives and MARINE insurgents off the coast of CUBA

I ran the boat for beach operations at night pickup and dropoff and training maneuvers

My VSO did the same job in his NAVY service

Was in the CARDIACT ward in the PORTSMOUTH VA. NAVY HOSPITAL 1966 For over a month

was diagnosed with a bicuspid valve problem pulmonary artery insuffiency {claiming congenital heart condition]

{I sent the VA my heart doppler echo of my heart and the DR's statement saying my heart had a tricuspid [which is normal] valve and not a bicuspid which [is congenetive and abnormal ]abnormal heart valve congenital is the reason for the VA denying my heart claim all these years.

I think i may have to fire my VSO and hire a lawyer to get this mess straight ,all i get is runaround

The CARDIOLIGIST stated my heart appeared to be normal in structure,and my valve was a tricuspid and not a bicuspid which made this in my mind a miss diagnosis code

I recieved 100% SSDI in FEB 1998 permanent ffor massive heart attack and stroke on left side{quite severe] And 7 more TIA strokes

Yes i did sign a release and consent form

I am going to the SOC SEC office 75 mile away tomorrow

I just think the VA is trying to stall and find any reason for denial

doogie,

Thanks for posting the additional information.

Just a suggestion.

In some areas if you don't have a set appointment at the SSA office

even if you get there around 7:30 am you sit and wait

until about 3:00 pm to see someone - that tries to rush you through.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.