VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has Anyone Seen This Information Posted To Ebenefits Before?

Rate this question

SpcDearman

Question

I need to seriously seek help due to daily checking ebenefits for a status change. I know I know, its like watching paint dry. I did take a peek this morning and noticed that I have a message. Now, I know iknow, I may be looking too deeply into this but has anyone else received the follwing message from ebenefits?

This is a reminder notice that you may have become eligible for benefits. Please see the following information for additional details.

The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) operates the largest health care system in the country, with over 1,400 sites of care nationwide. When you become enrolled in the VA health care system, it's for a lifetime. You are instantly and automatically entitled to receive care at any VA location without ever having to register for VA health care benefits again. Learn more at: http://www2.va.gov/directory/guide/division_flsh.asp?dnum=1

After you enroll, you can immediately start receiving your health care at a VA facility, or at a later date - the choice is yours. Enrolling in the VA health care system is quick and easy - just complete an online Application for Health Benefits online at: https://www.1010ez.med.va.gov/sec/vha/1010ez/ Need help enrolling? Contact the VA toll free at 1-877-222-VETS (8387).

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I need to seriously seek help due to daily checking ebenefits for a status change. I know I know, its like watching paint dry.

Just stop yourself - walk outside and watch the grass either growing or sweltering,

as for now you will actually see something happening.

I did take a peek this morning and noticed that I have a message. Now, I know iknow, I may be looking too deeply into this but has anyone else received the follwing message from ebenefits?

YES - you are analyzing and looking way "too deeply", it is just standard boiler plate info to all.

This is a reminder notice that you may have become eligible for benefits. Please see the following information for additional details.

Nothing has happened yet.

@ Carlie. Thank you for the heads up and suggestions to pass the time. I am in Texas and grass isnt growing here. Its too dang hot.

@ dean. Could you please advise me on how to check this. I have been idling in prep for decision since may of this year. I went from review to prep in one weekend.

We are in day 9 of 100+ weather with the biggest High Pressure system that I have ever seen. Please guys dont complain about the weather :) come down here to see real heat . lol

Dean brt:

This is all that generated.

This letter certifies that XXXXXXXXXXX was honorably discharged from the U.S Armed Forces having served during the following period(s):

Branch of Service Entered Active Duty Discharged Army August 6, 1992 July 5, 1995

Under Access My Documents on ebenefits.

I think dean is referring to the Benefit Verification Form (AB8) - which WHEN they make a decision on your claim this form might show the change before you are notified by mail.

This form will usually be found above the form that you have indicated was already there = Service Verification Form (AB7).

I know it's hard not to keep checking ebenefits for some movement, I wasted enough time doing so the first year of my claim and it is STILL in the Review of Evidence Phase, but as Carlie suggested try to keep yourself busy with other things. I now only check it once a week or if I submitted/requested something to see if it has been received - gives me something to look forward to and is not as frustrating for me.

Thank you for the heads up guys. It is in fact the AB7 letter here. I have noticed that "ePeggy" (lolol this is so funny to me) has been piddling on my account. I noticed that my Estimated completion date has moved forward by 6 months. I know Iknow. It doesnt mean anything. laugh.png