Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Prostate Cancer C&p

Rate this question

vtrick

Question

I understand I will receive a C&P 6 months after completing Prostate cancer treatment to determin residuals and to see if I'm cured. My question is: What means do they use to determin if I'm cured? Is it my latest PSA test? If it is, do they order it or do they ask me to bring it to the appointment? Just wondering if they use the PSA results, where do they get those results??

Rick

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

If your prostate was remove and your the PSA is on the rise like you had a psa 6 and now a psa of 12. You need to be on treatment and this is a 100 % disability If you had a CT scan and the cancer is in your lymph node that' s another 100%, but you only get 100% compensation.

If you were diagnosed with Adenocarcinoma, which is prostate cancer that has escaped from the prostate and removal of the prostate. On top of that having biopsies with a greason score of 3+4 or 4+5 a score of 8or 9. This mean that your cancer is metastases.

The C&P test I when to was they look at my scar and said thank you. The psa also help's on the determining of the compensation. I hope you have filed all your doctor's and medical record's to VA!

Sorry for your condition and good lucky!

God bless

Edited by SP4RVN1971

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"

Thank you for your reply. I'm wondering if at the C&P they will have a copy of my latest PSA test or will they just ask me what the results were? They will need to make a decision if I am to continue to receive the 100% or be reduced to a resudual amount.

Thanks

Thank you for your reply. I'm wondering if at the C&P they will have a copy of my latest PSA test or will they just ask me what the results were? They will need to make a decision if I am to continue to receive the 100% or be reduced to a resudual amount.

Thanks

I would get a copy of the latest psa done by your doctor, But if you bring it, they will say we have all your records. Bring it any way, I did!

Good luck, and let me know if i can help. Don't worry, be happy!

Edited by SP4RVN1971

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"