VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Helpful Article On How To Help Your Claim

Rate this question

SSGmajik

Question

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I thought this was a decent article. Some things are no brainers, but some of the other info is pretty helpful.

http://www.blogs.va....-helpful-hints/

This was a Great read! Thank you! One question that keeps popping up in my area.Why do some VISNS allow Primaries to fill out DBQs, yet other VISNS threaten the Primaries that if they do write them up they may lose their jobs. They tell them only C&P Drs can handle the forms.Yet only your Primary knows your file as well as you do. Does any of OUR VA employees( like Veldrina) tell us what regulation or statue gives the Primaries the permission to use these forms.When I had my meeting with the Cheif of Staff he admitted that he wasn't a veteran, knew nothing about the VA Disability program and how it works. Yet he is suppose to teach his staff and make sure they are following the rules. No wonder things are screwed up. I would love to have statue in hand to show my Primary as well as Cheif of Staff. It is time for ALL to know the REAL TRUTH!! Thanks again for the inspiring read!! Mike

Ok. If the "information" was this easy, I wonder why VSO's do not have a copy of this article on their desk.

I'm going to take one to my VSO and hopefully he will pass it along to his colleagues.

This was a Great read! Thank you! One question that keeps popping up in my area.Why do some VISNS allow Primaries to fill out DBQs, yet other VISNS threaten the Primaries that if they do write them up they may lose their jobs. They tell them only C&P Drs can handle the forms.Yet only your Primary knows your file as well as you do. Does any of OUR VA employees( like Veldrina) tell us what regulation or statue gives the Primaries the permission to use these forms.When I had my meeting with the Cheif of Staff he admitted that he wasn't a veteran, knew nothing about the VA Disability program and how it works. Yet he is suppose to teach his staff and make sure they are following the rules. No wonder things are screwed up. I would love to have statue in hand to show my Primary as well as Cheif of Staff. It is time for ALL to know the REAL TRUTH!! Thanks again for the inspiring read!! Mike

Well put Mike!

VAconfusion.pdfVAconfusion.pdf

Well put Mike!

I can't seem to get this topic off my mind today. So I have wondered thru out the VA websites to find any written regulations on whether or not the VA Primary Drs are authorized to fill out the DBQ forms. The VBA is very careful to dance all around this subject.Which only makes me more curious.They are specific that Private Drs outside of system can use them. So I deceided to ask this Enquiring Question to OUR all knowing, All Seeing IRIS people.I will attach their email response to me. And people wonder why us Veterans just keep screwing up our own claims. Everything is so simple and easy to understand. And we pay these people $65,000+ bonuses. Geez, I wish I knew about these jobs when I got out. Oh thats right, I had one of those SPN # and was blackballed, sorry different topic. Anyway I sent them a link to their own website (VA.gov) concerning DBQ questionaires. This should be a good learning experience for both of us! LMAO Mike Ps Sorry double posted the email.

Edited by Bigred122

UPDATE FROM IRIS!! Well that was the fastest reply I've ever gotten from them. I guess I stumped them, or opened up a can of worms because they gave me their secret hand shake(ok it was a code) for bypassing the telephone prompts. When they start talking punch in 110 and rings directly into the offices. Or it should, my RO was already closed when I did it. So since they don't want the answer to be on print record, I'll be recording the conversation on my recorder via loud speaker. So I'll be surprised to see what they say. I shouldn't be such a pain in the Azz. I'll probably wakeup some morning and I'll look out my mobile home windows and find that some helicopter crane had moved my home in the middle of the night to some deserted island!! lol Me and the VA have had this kind of relationship now for over 40 years. I just seem to have the knack of asking the wrong questions they don't want to answer. Such as in 1972, I asked for my birthday off.They said it wasn't in the USMCJ manual that I could have it off. I said" show me". They couldn't and I'm probably one of the few who ever got that day off.lol Like an Ex-wife they never forgave me!! lol Once again I will probably have po'd my RO and will pay for it in Feb when my DRO should be scheduled.I can only pray that they have a BIG personnel change at that RO before then.lol Mike