Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Confusing Move

Rate this question

tugger50

Question

I have been at pending decision approval for a couple of days. This is my initial claim. The update says evidence requested is overdue, development letter sent. There are no requests for evidence in Ebenefits or letters other then my AB7 in the documents section. Fortunately my claim is still at pending decision approval. Did this happen to anyone else and should I try to find out what they are requesting so that I can help get the info? My guess is that they will approve part of my claim and defer the rest, but that is just my guess.

Take Care

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

This past Sunday ebenefits was down for maintenance. When it came back on-line, the changes that you are describing and others here: have been noted to ebenefits. The "add"/maintenance that they did have many vets confused, perplexed and anxious. 1-800 Peggy has only confused people more concerning this. The initial concept of ebenefits is a good one....when they will fix it so that it does help veterans instead of making things worse...is another thing. I'm sure the VA is receiving thousands of calls and IRIS's in regards to this.

My claim is still gathering evidence and the update also says evidence requested is overdue. I also wonder what it is they are missing. They have not requested any more info from me. I think you are right about approving part and maybe have to re- file after the decision.

Good luck to you.

tugger: call/get a VSO to find out. I had a claim with this status for months before I asked the question. It turned out that they needed one of my kids' SSANs. Now, there's a claim and the previous claims that had stalled moved/closed. Find out!