VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Umm...rated 0% For Hysterectomy Scar...va Didn't Mention Actual Hyst?

Rate this question

LILS

Question

Hey Everyone!

Ok, finally 16 months after filing a BDD claim, I received a rating for 40% (30% Major Depressive Disorder & 10% Migraines). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a TOTAL HYSTERECTOMY 50% by itself? The VA didn't even mention the actual surgery; they only mentioned my scar. What the hell?? Also, I have sleep apnea WITH a CPAP, but they denied that because "The evidence does not show a current diagnosed disability". Am I supposed to go get that checked every year or something? It says it in my records and the military even did a medical board decision on it.

I also got "Resolved" "The evidence does not show a current diagnosed disability" on my claims for Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVCs) & a sacrocervicopexy (surgery to put your bladder where it's supposed to be; caused urinary incontinence prior to surg).

In 2009, I had a cardiac ablation (procedure where they burned 2 parts of my heart to stop some of the PVCs. There was a 3rd place that needed to be burned, but it was too close to a certain vessel & if they nicked it, I might have ended up with a pacemaker, so they left it. They put me on medication (Betapace) to control the PVCs that they were not able to stop. So my question is: How is that resolved when I am taking a cardiac medication for that & is that even able to be rated? Is it resolved because the medication doesn't cause them, even though I need to be on this medication for the rest of my life?

For the sacrocervicopexy, I haven't had a problem since the surgery. Am I supposed to get a rating, just for having to have the surgery?

Also, aren't they (the decision board supposed to list everything I filed for & explain the decision for each one, because they didn't do that either.

I've also had 3 knee surgeries on the same knee for a torn meniscus initially & then degenerative joint disease. On my third surgery, they removed a part of my tibia bone & put in a metal plate & screws. On my C & P exam I mentioned everyday pain, stiffness, weakness, & instability with occassional swelling. I told her I was taking an anti-inflammatory for the pain 3-4 times a week for the pain. How is it I get rated 0% when I've gone through all of these surgeries, have had bone taken out, have a metal plate/screws, & continue to have pain? Am I missing something?

This is my first notice of my percentage, so I'm "green" on the process. I will definitely be filing a NOD. The info says write a letter saying why I disagree. I'm assuming I need to send medical proof of the items AGAIN, even though I know for a fact they have it? I just want to make sure my NOD is worded right & I do everything I need to do.

ONE MORE THING: These idiots are going to be paying me as being a single veteran, when it clearly states I have a husband & 2 kids!

I really need some advice from my Had It friends. You all can usually steer me in the right direction. Thanks all!!

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question