VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Exam Sinusitis/ Rhinitis....tympanosclerosis

Rate this question

nbll01

Question

I have a few questions, I was diagnosed with mixed Rhinitis and the doc wrote a nexus on the exam no mention of Sinusitis at all? On the very bottom of the C & P report as a addendum it states word for word

Addendum: Medical opinion was requested concerning ruptured ear drum with swelling and pain. Medical exam revealed no tympanic membrane perforation or chronic middle ear disease. Tympanosclerosis was noted bilaterally which could indicate a prior history of middle ear infections or tympanic membrane manipulation. Since no perforation was noted on exam, it is not necessary to discuss etiology of a tympanic membrane and thus an opinion for a nexus is deferred.

Ive had terrible Migraines/ Sinus infections while on active duty, with my eardrums rupturing (once in bootcamp..once in the PI overseas). I started my claims process in 2007, I had been suffering for many years and like so many had no clue the VA could or would help

I got denied (had no concept of how this whole process worked....and no medical records to speak of).in 2009.......filed my NOD got the medical proof (or at least compiling it) sorry for rambling...anyway

My main question what the heck does it mean in the addendum? Do I have a shot for the tympanosclerosis(not on the rating chart) I did look it up and more often than not its a harbinger of hearing loss.....I have noticed hearing loss (have not filed for it yet as well as tinitus)

I filed my original claim for several issues and didn't want to slow down a already pathetically slow process by filing anything else till I hopefully win my appeal. A side note my NOD filed in 2009 (dec) EBennefits shows no movement from it being sent in to the VA (DRO). 2 months shy of 3 years!

Appreciate the responses Thanks

Edited by nbll01

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

They gave me 0% for siusitis, and I have 25% blockage. I tryed everything i could but they werent having it. Maybe you will have better luck than I did.

The way I read it Sinusitis has nothing to do with blockage..(thats Rhinitis)..Sinusitis must have active infections that last for a certain amount of time. Really hoping to hear from someone else that has TYMPANOSCLEROSIS or can make better sense of what the addendum means.. Thanks

General Rating Formula for Sinusitis (DC's 6510 through 6514):

6510 Sinusitis, pansinusitis, chronic.

6511 Sinusitis, ethmoid, chronic.

6512 Sinusitis, frontal, chronic.

6513 Sinusitis, maxillary, chronic.

6514 Sinusitis, sphenoid, chronic.

Following radical surgery with chronic osteomyelitis, or; near constant sinusitis characterized by headaches, pain and tenderness of affected sinus, and purulent discharge or crusting after repeated surgeries 50 %

Three or more incapacitating episodes per year of sinusitis requiring prolonged (lasting four to six weeks) antibiotic treatment, or; more than six non-incapacitating episodes per year of sinusitis characterized by headaches, pain, and purulent discharge or crusting 30 %

One or two incapacitating episodes per year of sinusitis requiring prolonged (lasting four to six weeks) antibiotic treatment, or; three to six non-incapacitating episodes per year of sinusitis characterized by headaches, pain, and purulent discharge or crusting 10 %

Edited by nbll01

I was actually diagnosed with the pansinusitus, cant breath worth a sh*t out of my nose, and constantly have a runny nose and blockage, the ENT Doc ran a scope down my nose and could see some major inflamation, and still nothing.

From what I was told, is that most people wont/dont get rated for sinusitis because they deem it a sinus/seasonal/hay fever/environment kind of thing. I might be wrong on that and have it backwards. Also, from what I hear is that the surgery almost always does zero to help, and brings alot of pain, discomfort and ass pain, and the stuff that is cut out, is replaced with scar tissue, and now your condition is permanent.

To me, that seems like alot of unneccessay pain and anguish over 10%, that wont help me reach 100%

Know what I mean?