VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Medical Care Complaint

Rate this topic

I had an appointment yesterday at the VA. Everyone has always been really nice until yesterday. I went in to see the nurse prior to the doctor 's appointment. I had never seen this nurse before. She started asking questions, and when she asked me about pain; I said about a 6 on a 10 level. I told her that I was in pain about 90% of the time. She then asked if I was in pain on a seldom basis or all the time? I said about 90% would be closer to all the time but there has to be somewhere in between seldom and all the time. She replied and said, "no, they are the only choices and she couldn't put done all the time because it wasn't true". I told her to put whatever she wanted because she would anyway. She then proceeded to repeat her questions. I answered but said that I had already answered that before.She also left the room a couple of times to find out something about the computer.I asked if she was new and of course she said no. I asked for her name and she very proudly told me.

When I came in my back was hurting, I had a head ache and knee pain. After talking to her, my head felt like it was coming off my shoulders. Finally another nurse came in and I explained said I couldn't take this anymore. So the new nurse took me to the doctor's office. Of course the other nurse denied everything.

I have spoken with the patient advocate before about another issue and got nowhere. That time I contacted my Senator and I got full satisfaction. I had waited 6 months for a medical records request.

I don't want to contact my Senator over this. I have claims in and I feel my records should reflect how my health actually is.

I apologize for this being so long. vet12

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Start working up the chain. Everyone has a boss. If the patient advocate couldn't help, go over his/her head. What are you looking for out of this? Be specific when you speak to the VA about what happened and what you want.

Justrlux thanks. Basically I want this nurse to get some training or leave the job. Some veterans are in pain and should not have to endure someone who wants an argument or has to repeat questions. Another nurse told me this nurse was new to the position but when I asked her; she said no, I'm not new.

I don't want to be treated special. A lot of veterans are having one or many health issues. This should be taken in consideration. I have a number of health problems. After I answered her question she basically called me a liar. I don't want to make a big deal out of it but I don't want to be in more pain when I leave the appointment than when I arrived.

If I have to see this nurse again and have problems, I will contact my Senator. There is no excuse for such behavior.

vet12