Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nprc

Rate this question

SpcDearman

Question

How long does it take for NPRC to send your personnel records? I have asked for my records on November 6th with a 3 to 4 week window and still have not received them. Should I file another request for them using my previous request number? The clock is ticking on making my appeal for denial and I need these records to find an IMO doctor. Thanks in advance for the assistance. Whats up Rdawg. Hope all is going well sir.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks for that. i have approximately 500 pages of medical information including C&P exams. I have not one SMR in there. The C&P opined using these so I want to see what he saw and used and what he saw and didnt use. Funny how he can use something in my records to deny me but not break it down as to why his opinion makes sense. I will keep the lawyer idea in mind.

The C&P examiner does not have authority to grant or deny a claim issue,

only a va decision maker can do that.

But I sure would check my STR/SMR's against what the examiner states

if I was not in agreement.

JMHO

The C&P examiner does not have authority to grant or deny a claim issue,

only a va decision maker can do that.

But I sure would check my STR/SMR's against what the examiner states

if I was not in agreement.

JMHO

Carlie, first of all thank you for all that you do here. i have never been able to thank you personally for answering a question a while ago. I was worried once i didnt receive any smr's on my records but received all C&P opinions. The opinions were speculation at best. I am going to simply send my nod in and hope for the best.

All - I have decided to seek a lawyers help moving forward. i am going to send my own Nod but let him take care of everything else. I now have private health care that begins in January and I may be able to get my new PCP to write my IMO for cheaper. If now then DR.Bash here I come. :) I am going to copy my sample NOD in the correct area and welcome CONSTRUCTIVE (lol) criticism.

Carlie, first of all thank you for all that you do here. i have never been able to thank you personally for answering a question a while ago. I was worried once i didnt receive any smr's on my records but received all C&P opinions. The opinions were speculation at best. I am going to simply send my nod in and hope for the best.

All - I have decided to seek a lawyers help moving forward. i am going to send my own Nod but let him take care of everything else. I now have private health care that begins in January and I may be able to get my new PCP to write my IMO for cheaper. If now then DR.Bash here I come. :) I am going to copy my sample NOD in the correct area and welcome CONSTRUCTIVE (lol) criticism.

Here's my 20 bucks worth of constructive - wait and file the NOD with evidence that overcomes

the reasons for denial - you have a year to get it together.

All a lawyer can do at this point is tell you about the same thing -

Can you post the Reasons and Bases Section of the denied issues ?