VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Three Mris...

Rate this question

rpowell01

Question

Since January 2010 I have had three MRIs on my cervical spine, two from the VA and one from the private side. Why is it that the VA MRI results are always lowballed results and the private MRI is showing something different? The VA MRI reports say they see minimal forminal stenosis at C5-C6 and C6-C7 and DDD. The private MRI shows Herniated disc with forminal stenosis at C5-C6 and herniated disk at C2-C3. I ask this because I truly feel the VA is "undertreating" my conditions, mainly in my cervical and thoracic spine.

80% of the current symptoms started in January 2010 with numbness in my hand, pain in both arms and pain in my pectoral muscle of my chest. Currently, I have pain now in all those areas with pain in my shoulders, numbness and burning in a few of my toes, pain in my legs and feet.

This is getting to a point where I cannot get a handle on it all these issues. I am in college but feel these issues are now making my GPA go spiralling downward.

I recently had an appointment with pain management. He adjusted the gabapentin because of the issues I was having with it he lowered the dosage. Other than that I take tramadol. I don't want to go the hard stuff yet and will do everything in my power to not go that route. He told me and my wife he was going to give Celebrex for the DDD/arthritus in my neck and thoracic spine. I have yet too see that come in the mail and its not online at myhealthyvet.

What do I do if I feel I am being "undertreated"? I feel the VA is not telling me the whole truth and are lowballing me.

How can I get the VA to order and pay for a dynamic MRI on my whole spine since I have private surgeon's report staying he feels I need this type of MRI? I have asked and asked about this MRI and the VA is again playing it off and denying to do it.

Edited by rpowell01

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I'm alright Carlie. I know what is happening and I know what the VA is doing becasue I have those claims that are active. They are now finally working on my claims and hopefully will be completed soon.