Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Little Movement....

Rate this topic

VetsLady

Long story short version:

Claim went through hoops and loops, exams, etc. to pending decision approval, back to preparation for decision and is now at pending decision approval.

At least it's moving again, just hoping in the right direction.

Edited by VetsLady

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Flashback of Anxiety driven fear is setting in again...sometimes old stuff keeps crawling back up to the surface years later...(and I am the spouse of a Veteran, but I am the one who deals with the VA on his behalf!)

Here's the skinny story, I know, I know...but I just had to. I broke down and called the 1-800 and two different "counselors" told me the deferred claim from 2 years ago and the new one for IHD have been decided and are currently in the pending authorization phase awaiting the final signature of the "big dog" to complete the claim ---- yep, that was how she put it, "the big dog" ---- to which I responded, "Oh, you mean the station manager?" She did explain a little further, "claims often need more than 1 rater to review for accuracy, this claim is at the final signature phase." The deferred issues were requests for increase on already sc conditions that have worsened, so they could have been denied or, not. We shall wait.

The IHD claim is pretty well rock solid but I have learned nothing is rock solid until it's on paper.

And we wait...."tick-tock, tick-tock..."

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use