Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Copy C&p Exams

Rate this question

SueEdel

Question

I had C&P exams in October and November. One was held in Parma, OH done by an IME at the Outpatient Clinic. The other was at Wade Park by a VA Doctor which is part of the Louis Stokes Center in Cleveland. Where do I send a request for copies of my C&P Exams?

I live in Northwest Ohio 2.5 hours from Cleveland. This area VA is a bit unusual in that my local Community-Based Clinic is actually part of another VISN--Ann Arbor, Michigan. I need the info from Cleveland which is in charge of Ohio Claims. Toledo, Ann Arbor and Cleveland rarely know what the other is doing....

Is there a place to fax in request? If I mail it do I mail separate requests to Wade Park and Parma?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The C&P exam results are supposedly made a part of your VA medical records. Any treating VA clinic that has electronic access to the records "should" be able to "pull them up", and give you a printed copy. If the C&P exam was given for a mental condition, it might be necessary to get a VA doctors "permission" to give them to you.

If that fails, your outside doctor can request a copy, using the VA forms that the clinic should have, although the process may take some time.

I did not use a form when I requested mine....just sent a letter and received mine from RO in less then 10 days. Every RO is different as far as speed in sending things out though.

Here is what I sent:

Date

RO Address Here

RE: Request of copies of all C&P exams/reports – Privacy Act, 5, USC, 552a

To Whom It May Concern,

This is a request under the Privacy Act, 5, USC, 552a for copies of all C&P Exams/reports pertaining to my current Compensation Claim.

In an effort to assist with your search for these records, I am providing the following additional information about myself:

Name:

Service Number:

DOB:

If you deny this request, please cite each specific exemption you feel justifies the refusal to release the information and notify me of appeal procedures available to me under the law.

Thank you for consideration of my request.

Your name

Full Address

Phone Number

NOTE: I also wrote on the outside of the front of the envelope in bottom left hand corner: Privacy Act Information Request

The reason I added the notation to the envelope was to assist the VA Mail Room in sorting such requests - did not want to have it put in my file and just gather dust. Worked for me:)

Edited by USMC5811

“A nation reveals itself not only by the men it produces, but also by the men it honors, the men it remembers.” - John F. Kennedy