VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Retro Again

Rate this question

Joep

Question

I read extensively about VA RETRO on this forum and now understand that once the VA completes your claim/NOD; the RETRO is considered a new claim and you must wait yet again for an extensive length of time. If the VA is considering completing the RETRO as a new claim; then why can’t I see it on the VA e-benefits site?

My NOD was completed in July 2012 and I expected my RETRO within a 2 or 3 months but now see that can be an indefinite length of time.

This is all pretty depressing since I got my pink slip and since then have been having difficulty with budget ever since; the RETRO I am expecting is substantial so would help out a lot during this transition.

I'm sure there are many others in my situation.

Joe

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

DAFAS completed their Audit on 20 Aug 2012 and told me the VA has 60 days to complete their audit but to date; I am still waiting. My Retro will be the increase from 60%-90% for 46 months.

I was pretty sure I read on this forum from users input that they process Retro like they do a new claim and can take a very long time before I get it.

I wish the VA could let us know more on their current process; I feel like I am left in the dark.

• HadIt.com Elder

You should contact Glen Johnson at CHampVA he is in charge of the VA foreign medical Program and I believe he can help you.

He is located in Denver Colorado,. Glen,johnson@va.gov

Back up here. What did you NOD?

That NOD put your claim in appeals. Did you ask for a DRO review or fill out a form 9 to go to the BVA or a reconsideration?

This is not a guarantee of retro. I need to see this picture in a little better light.

J

I am not an expert here but the DAV said I can do a NOD first which is decided at the Regional Office be

You should contact Glen Johnson at CHampVA he is in charge of the VA foreign medical Program and I believe he can help you.

He is located in Denver Colorado,. Glen,johnson@va.gov

Thank you VERY much for this information... greatly appreciated. :)

I am not an expert here but the DAV said I can do a NOD first which is decided at the Regional Office be

Thank you VERY much for this information... greatly appreciated. :)

Let me try this again; I read a new reply before I was done with entering my text... The DAV had me submit a NOD, it took two years and they accepted some of my evidence, and upheld others. I accepted their decision for all except one; which I can show with existing evidence but will get more. That was submitted via VA form 9. I understand that NOD's will be back dated (as my award shows) to my retirement date in my case, but the appeal via form 9 will be accepted upon the date the judge makes a decision.

One of the items decided said my medical records show chronic / severe issues but due to the lack of a specific diagnosis, I am denied. Hummm... Why didn't they make me go get a diagnosis?

This can be frustrating, but I am at the final stages of the appeal process; I just need to wait.

I will however go back to the original Japanese Doctor that the Consulate sent me to get my VA exam; and have him put into clear English, that what I am claiming was observed 30 days after retirement. The VA said there was no such evidence. There was, but it was in broken English.