Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Possible Reduction

Rate this question

CrazyC

Question

Okay, so I've been rated at 100%/ unemployable for a little under a year now, almost a year. I was at 70% before, but I had a dramatic increase in symptoms, and they changed my rating. It was for three things: undifferentiated schizophrenia, PTSD and ADHD. I was wrong about the depression, but my memory is terrible. I'm not depressed anyway, and I thought that was weird.

However, over the past year, I've steadily improved. I'm going to try to enter into a work program if my doctor will OK it.

I still have severe memory problems, sleep disturbances, hallucinations (hearing voices and such), but I seem to be stabilizing for me at least, or I have over this past year. I still have a guardian and cannot manage my own money, mostly due to memory problems.

Ironically, when I needed the most help, I didn't get it, much to my demise and after several self-injuries that I regret. Also, will they count all the times I tried to commit suicide and incurred injuries as being part of my illness? or will they try to separate them out? I have ulcers in my throat from puking so much and other things...

How fast will they reduce my benefits? I need to know so that I can be ready. Will they do it the second my doctor okays me for the work program that is sponsored by the VA, or am I protected by anything? Social security said they'd give me a trial work period. Does the VA have this?

Also, if I crumble due to stress will they increase my rating again?

I'm not trying to hold onto my rating, but I don't want to end up in a group home again.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Why are you concerned about your SC compensation?

"Social security said they'd give me a trial work period. Does the VA have this?"

SSA can do that but why do you want to work, and deal with those disabilities at the same time?

As long as you do not ave "substantial employment " which is only marginal, that would not affect your comp but VA or the SSA has declared you

incompetent,per this statement:

"I still have a guardian and cannot manage my own money, mostly due to memory problems."

So why are you worried about losing your VA compensation?????

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Well, if you want to know, I like being challenged. Everyday things challenge me too.

One of my caseworkers is pushing me off a cliff, and I'm afraid that the stuff he's putting into my file will negatively impact me (he's exaggerating my abilities, which is okay), so I need to try to do something soon before my condition worsens as my mind is fading a bit. Remind me to use a firearm next time I try to off myself. I will forget. Anyway, if I try to work and I get worse, I will have problems. If I can adapt like I am, I will survive on the outside. I am stable now. I will admit to that.

I don't do all the things they say I do. I do them for like five minutes then quit, minus the books.

He's a real sport and very optimistic. Sometimes, that's good. Sometimes, bad.