VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu Claim And Worsened Disability On C&p Exam.

Rate this question

indyman

Question

I have been following this website and decided to join after viewing a lot of valuable information.

So here goes: I have a question that my VSO hesitated to answer and I really am concerned.

I am currently rated at 70% for DMII, PN, HTN, Hearing, and ankle, shoulder, and facial scars. My PN is in my lower extremeties. During my C&P exam on Jan 30th the NP gave a very good exam, and used a sentence (as likely as not) attributable to my DM.

When I was examined for my PN of the lower extremeties the NP checked the Moderately Severe block on the questionare. This was on both legs and feet. She also noted that my carpal tunnel had worsened due to an overlay of DPN to my upper extremeties which is "an association with diabetics" and rated my loss of feeling, numbing etc at the moderate level. Further, I would be unable to secure and maintain gainful, even selective sedentary employment.

So, here is my question: When the RVSR reviews the NP questionare and notes the statements of the NP and the Moderately Severe and Moderate levels of my upper and lower extremeties, but denies my IU claim could I still get an increase based on the exam? My lower extremeties are currently 10% each. The moderately severe level is 40 and 30 in Title 38, and the Moderate is 30 and 20. Also they noted a degeneration on my shoulder injury and osteopenia in my toes which after a dexa scan on Feb 12th revealed full blown osteoporsis. So now, is the medication Im taking for HTN, DMII, Gabapentin (which I was put on by VA for worsening PN, leg cramps and pain) will be a deciding factor in my direction? Sorry, about the long topic, but I am really worried on this one.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet