Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Documented Accidents Without Record Of Loss Of Conscience

Rate this question

Boracay

Question

Hello Fellow Veterans,

I am filing for TBI. I had a accident in the military where I fell down a stairwell with a mattress and the mattress landed on top of me broke my leg and sandwiched me in the ground. It was documented but they didn't document Loss Of conscience and neither did I since I was more concerned with my Broken Leg that was in intense pain. I do have two buddies that were there that saw but might be a little hard to track them down. I believe I have at least a Moderate TBI especially since I have a Growth Hormone defienciency.

Do I need there statements or can I prove it with my MSR and A couple of private doctor opinions? I am also PTSD 100% P&T

Thank you

Edited by Boracay

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

The big problem your going to have is trying to prove the tbi to the va because tbi and ptsd are so alike its hard to tell them apart. From what i have been told and been throw trying to prove and file my own tbi injury some thing they seem to look at is your Secondary's to tbi (by Secondary i mean things that having a tbi would change or make worse) like headaches memory loss, depression, anxiety, vision and hearing loss (just some of the big ones) I don't think you will need the statements the doctor opinions and your MSR should be ok

Unless you lost conscience, you will be classified at mild and I highly doubt you have a shot at moderate, unless there is more than what you listed in your post. I'm a good example; I lost a 3inch by 4 inch piece of skull, have underlining brain damage and several sequeal problems and I'm classified as having a mild TBI.

Loss of conscience seems to be the ticket.

Unless you lost conscience, you will be classified at mild and I highly doubt you have a shot at moderate, unless there is more than what you listed in your post. I'm a good example; I lost a 3inch by 4 inch piece of skull, have underlining brain damage and several sequeal problems and I'm classified as having a mild TBI.

Loss of conscience seems to be the ticket.

How long is the unconscience to make a moderate and severe