• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Board Of Veterans Appeals Fiscal Year End Report..... I Wanna Throw Up

Rate this question

Capt.

Question

http://www.bva.va.gov/docs/Chairmans_Annual_Rpts/BVA2011AR.pdf

Hello All,

I have posted the annual report and after carefully reviewing the report noticed all the back slapping on how great a job the VA is doing on their case loads........ I wanna throw up.

The number of cases received is substantially up.

The number of appeals is substantially up.

The number of remands is substantially up.

And now they also mention the ...."the new Paperless appeals and claims process"..... and how this may be the answer to the Veterans plight........

Folks ,,,,this all boils down to ERRORS on initial claims.......at Regional Office........

ERRORS on NOD .......at Regional Office

ERRORS on APPEALS at Regional Office and at BVA......

AND we see sharp increases in all areas of the Veterans claims PROCESS. The graphs are simple to read.

Personally , I really cannot find anything between the chairmans letter to the Secretary and all the smoke that says they are an incredible group of people helping our Veterans in the Claims of the VA system. If the BVA is doing such a great job why not mention the problems at the Regional Office decision making process that has caused the "backlog" that they the Chairmans letter just barely touched on. Like it is of no concern or a big deal.

Oh yes ......I forgot....... the BVA is part of .............. THE VA..................................NOW I GET IT.

After reading this hogwash...... I am going to write the members of BVA and tell them to ask for a raise because of how wonderful they are.........if you don't believe me ....just read their letter. And I would definetly ask for a big ,,,FAT ,,,,BONUS..... because they say they deserve it. RIGHT!!!!...I m sorry ,,,I have been sick all week and now my blood pressure is going up ,,,,and this causes me to really get angry , especially with all the latest news on request for upper management and leaders of VA to resign or leave their post. You would not really think anything is wrong if you just read this letter and not watch or read any other news about the VA.

This makes me resolve my determination to NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

CC, when you tell a lie enough times and have the media at your feet, people will start thinking its the gospel. These people at VA, BVA, AA or whoever are totally convinced they are the greatest ever. They love to take 30 minutes and tell you how great they are. In the latter years of my Federal Service, I worked eight horrible months as a VSR at the Indy VA. Get to work at 0800 hrs. Drink coffee and walk around until 0930 or so. Go to training meeting. Go on break, then back at training. Now, go to lunch. Back at work, unwind, and talk with other employees. Go to union meeting for one hour. Go home. Next day, repeat of the first one. In the eight months I worked there I was convinced I had made the worst mistake in my federal career. I was lucky, I put in for and returned to Federal LE and then retired with 22 yrs. I then went back to local LE where I had started and did five more. Because of my PN I called it home in 2008. Excuse me rambling on, but I really get worked up when these do badders try to look like do gooders. I can never explain how much idiots I witnessed in my eight months there. How those people got back and forth to work is beyond me. That was 11 years ago, and I recently went ther to see my VSO who had transferred and as I left the building I noticed most of the same people walking the same hallways with the same look on their faces. A blank stare. We had one where a friend told me you could tell if it was morning or afternoon. He walked the hallways in the mornings with a piece of paper in his hand. In the mornings he carried in the right hand, and switched to the left hand in the afternoon. He is still there and an NFL. Thats stands for GS 9 for life NineForLife. Dont give up CC, I know you wont.