Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Do And Donts In Meeting With Dro This Week ?

Rate this question

jcolwell

Question

I am getting mixed advice on what to take or not to take.

I have read Berta posting on this site from many years ago.

Can someone update me on what to expect etc for my meeting on 1.5 year old appeal .

Thanks

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

John, I think I will experience something very similar in the near future. It appears "Director NO" is trying his best to prevent just 4 years of SMC S. We are on the 4th round of asking for a clarification on the C&P exams. After they are done with the games and we are on the way to the BVA. I am planning on a IME with a waiver of AOJ consideration. Its a respiratory claim dealing with Apnea and Restrictive lung disease (kyphoscoliosis). They had an Allergist do the C&P to argue with the first medical opinion i submitted from a pulmonologist who is also certified in sleep medicine. In the latest clarification the allergist indicated she didn't see any clinical relevance in the onset of hypertension, weight gain or abnormal EKG(does not address the Kyphoscoliosis portion of the claim at all, never has), she goes on to indicate no complaints of fatigue in the record and no documented snoring are significant indicators sleep apnea was not present during service.

When I get to the BVA I am going to sink them like the Titanic!

Good day. Thursday is my DRO meeting. My wife the RN has prepared everything and we meet with the VSO for one hour before our meeting with the VA DRO. Thank you for answering a lot of questions on this matter.

We have two binders, one about 4 inches or so that has info we wont need like pay records etc .

My wife created a smaller tabbed binder based on titles like : IHD with MR, GERD with MR, buddy letters and letters of support, evidence of exposure , SS letter, ....

question: do I need to take the DRO and VSO copies of this smaller binder. It is all in the C-file. We want to use this binder as our quick source of items to refer to ...............and as our speaking points.

Thanks

My wife is going to try and not curse. JIm