Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Transfered From Chicago Ro Good Or Bad

Rate this question

Cybernick1

Question

Found out that my 2 yr old claim has been transfered from Chicago to ????

E-peggy says St. Paul to expedite my claim

VSO say it is in Milwaulkee RO.

Also had document movement, all other item submitted now shows closed as of 04/05/2013

Hope they are moving it appropriately !!!!! At least it is out of Chicago I think that is a good thing.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

My claim was sent from Indpls to Augusta ME to be developed, and then after they got it all finished they mailed back to Indpls for a decision. I can not see why they had it all in front of them, ready to rate, and sent it back to Indpls to set in a pile. My VSO checked on it, and she is scratching her head just like me. So the RO's in their wisdom sent a claim from an RO w/a 360 day back log to a RO w/a 125 day turn around time, back to an even larger back log.

when the VARO gets over a certain % of claims, they farm them out to other VARO's with a smaller % of claims. They will then develop the claim, get it ready for determination, then send it back to the VARO that farmed it out because it is the VARO that has the authority over the claim...

I believe if the VARO farms the claim out to another VARO, then the receiving VARO should just complete the claim. Just doesn't make sense to me...

• HadIt.com Elder

Somewhere in the VA's scheme of things, the veteran's residency plays a part in which VARO actually does the final paperwork and decision.

When two VAROs were involved, I've actually seen paperwork showing that the VARO working the case came up with ratings and so forth that the "home" VARO did not "like".

The most noticeable differences were things like omitting secondary and 0% ratings from the final documentation and award sent to the veteran.

St Pete vs Atlanta was one example.

Well thats what I figured my claim will probably sit again for another 3 to 6 months at St. Paul or Milwaukee gathering dust waiting to be rated then go back to Chicago sit on bottom of pile another 6 months, claim will be over 3 years old by then. That's thier ideal of expedited claim.... I was hoping that maybe it was sent to another RO in the Special ops lane due to being 24mos old. I beleive they are trying to do that at times. They should work on claims this old on Saturdays.... Actually they should flag claim at least 24mos old and work on them every day of the week, wishfull thinking. That probably would'nt work either soon every claim will be over 2 years old and lost in the system the way things or going. Its a lost cause..... Will probably be the next decade before decision......

Edited by Cybernick1

all the more reason, VA needs more quality adjudicators! not the quantity, I believe we all would agree to that. Why can't an individual pick a claim up, review it, determine what is and what is not service connected, rate it, have it signed off and notify the veteran of his/her award. Not knowing what goes on behind the VA's doors but it would make not only a lot of sense, but it would get these claims out a lot quicker than they are now!