Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Is The Va Compensation Amount Determined?

Rate this question

Blackhawk12

Question

Sorry for the stupid question, but I searched for the answer and obviously did not use the correct search terms. In reference to the two scales (above 30% with children and without children). I understand that where it says, verteran with two parents, for example requires that the parents are under your care. However, if you are married with three children(with your wife not disabled and has nothing wrong with her) do you look at the Veteran with Spouse and child (example if 40% rated--$677 and then add $31 for the other two children)? Thanks.

Edited by Blackhawk12

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

That sounds right, yes, but only if you have been "approved" for dependents. You have to apply for dependents benefits twice..once when you apply, then again after the VA automatically assumes you will get a divorce and abandon your children, so you have to apply again. And, the Va can and does "deny" dependent compensation and usually takes about a year and a half for dependent benefits.

Sorry for the stupid question, but I searched for the answer and obviously did not use the correct search terms. In reference to the two scales (above 30% with children and without children). I understand that where it says, verteran with two parents, for example requires that the parents are under your care. However, if you are married with three children(with your wife not disabled and has nothing wrong with her) do you look at the Veteran with Spouse and child (example if 40% rated--$677 and then add $31 for the other two children)? Thanks.

It has nothing to do if you wife is disabled or not. If you are married and have children then that is what you get. Its just like getting BAQ in the military...