Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Phone Call With Va Today.

Rate this question

indyman

Question

Today I called the VA at their number (1-800-827-1000) and was told I had a fifteen minute wait time. I then was given the option of leaving my name, and phone number and would be called back by VA.

Exactly fifteen minutes later I get a call and I am on hold for another two minutes listening to elevator music. Then I was connected to a very NICE lady who wanted to know the purpose of my call. I explained that I had a claim for IU, and that I had taken the C&P over 90 days ago. She looked up my claim and advised me that my claim has passed the deadline. Deadline? What deadline? She continued to tell me that when a claim is being rated and has passed a certain amount of time she can request an inquiry on the reason for the delay. Further she would have someone from the VA call me and respond in writing within 10 days. I was issued a referance number in case I wanted to call again or did not get a call on my inquiry.

Have any of you hadit viewers experienced this? Is is positive or negative? Or as I suspect is my claim setting on someones desk awaiting its turn.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Oh, worrying about dates is no longer a concern to me after the call I got on Friday, 5-3. The caller was from the Indy RO and was returning my inquiry call about a decision on my claim. Well, it seems that when I called 1-800-no nothing I was just told things they knew I wanted to hear. The caller on Friday told me it would be AT LEAST seven to nine more MONTHS before a decision was to be made. I'm at 10 months now. The caller told me that the current wait time is 18 to 24 months and that is if all evidence is with them.