Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Phone Call?

Rate this question

jlrith

Question

Good afternoon all,

I understand a number of veteran's have been receiving phone calls from their regional offices to inform them that they have been approved for 100% disability.

On May 10th I received a call from my caller ID's invalid phone number identifier - 197700 (same as seeing 000-000-0000 on a phone call) but they did not leave a message.

I have a claim that I expect will be rated 100% but there has been no movement on eBenefits since they moved it to "Pending Decision" on 4/29.

Anyone have experience with these phone calls?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hey General Shinseki(if you are reading),

If you want veterans to "feel better" about the VA instead of calling when a decision has been made, how about letting us call the regional office direct. Furthermore, how about actually answering IRIS information requests/complaints with something other than a boilerplate response.

You could really rack up the points by having someone actually read the claim and supporting evidence before making a decision. I will even be so bold to suggest that if that was done your appeal rate might actually go down.

While we are at it, whats with this whole develop to deny thing? I sent in with my claim a letter from my physician, it took two and one half years for your employee to decide a C&P was needed. It was done - decision made- I appealed the decision, another C&P, two requests for additional information from the C&P eximiner who did both C&P's over an additional 2 years. The decision granting sc and the 50% rating cites the original letter from my physician as the reason for SC. I might be simple, but it seems a whole lot of time and money could have been saved if the rater used that valid medical opinion the first time!

How's the foot? Say hello to the wife and kids for me!

Best regards,

Edited by 71M10

I remember a number of years ago that 1-800-PEGGY automatically put you through to the RO for your area code.

It wasn't any better, in my opinion. You would still get a random VA employee, not a rater.

I'm against having people be able to call the raters directly. They should be chugging through ratings, not wasting time with phone calls.

I would like to see the VA post real time information, automated information on your claim, letting you know "you are #1,435 in line."

It will be simple to implement once they get moved to an electronic claims system. Doubt they will implement it though.

I believe your VA experience really depends on your RO.

Reno was terrible. I had the same experience where they denied my claims by simply ignoring the claim.

I even had to spell it out, down to the page on the C&P exam that supplied pertinent evidence.

I went round and round with them, even through 2 BVA remands.

Moved to Denver. The claim was in for a denovo review with a DRO. He looked at it and approved it back to the original date, 7 years earlier. No additional evidence needed.