VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hello, I'm Scott. I'm New To Hadit And Have Problems With The Va. I Need Help!

Rate this question

KILO 3/5

Question

My initial claim for Larynx Operation was submitted March 24 1999.
The addendum sent with the March 24, 1999 claim is in my VA record and can verify that Larynx Operation is one of the issues I claimed March 24, 1999.
The St. Petersburg Florida Regional Office had my March 24, 1999 claim for Larynx Operation and other issues for ten years without taking any action.
After ten years of no action on my March 24, 1999 claim, I submitted another claim September 14, 2009.
On October 15, 2009 the St. Petersburg Florida Regional Office mailed a notice to me stating they were working on my claim. It listed all the issues I claimed on the September 14, 2009 claim which are the same issues I claimed on the March 24, 1999 claim.
On January 6, 2010 the St. Petersburg Florida Regional Office mailed a second notice to me, this time stating they had received my claim. This second notice listed the rest of the issues from the March 24, 1999 claim.
The issues they added are not on the September 14, 2009 claim. They were from my March 24, 1999 claim.
They had found my initial claim from March 24, 1999.
Larynx Operation is listed on the initial March 24, 1999 claim and on the September 14, 2011 claim.
The RATING DECISION of July 29, 2011 backdated all awards (0% and up) to the date I submitted my initial claim (March 24, 1999).
The July 29, 2011 Rating Decision deferred three issues: Residual of Larynx Operation, Psoriasis Elbows, and Chronic Headaches.
The above three deferred issues are claimed on my initial claim of March 24, 1999. Residual of Larynx Operation is also on my September 14, 2009 claim.
The May 9, 2013 Rating Decision awarded 0% for Chronic Headaches backdated to March 24, 1999. The initial date of my claim.
A deferred issue on the July 29, 2011 rating decision.
The May 9, 2013 Rating Decision awarded 0% for Psoriasis, Elbows backdated to March 24, 1999. The initial date of my claim.
A deferred issue on the July 29, 2011 rating decision.
The May 9, 2013 Rating Decision awarded 10% for Residual of Larynx Operation backdated to September 14, 2009 (A deferred issue on the July 29, 2011 rating decision).
Larynx Operation is listed on that initial March 24, 1999 claim and on the September 14, 2011 claim.
The 10% award is given a later effective date (September 14, 2009) than the 0% awards are given (not the date of the initial claim for Larynx Operation).
The claim for Larynx Operation had never been adjudicated, not until the May 9, 2013 decision.
The award should be backdated to the date of the initial claim for Larynx Operation, March 24, 1999.
From the outline above, can anyone advise as to whether or not I have a case for appeal.

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I have tried the attach files button. I can't paste in the little pop-up box either. I will try to find my security setting and see if that is blocking my pasting attempts.

Scott

• In Memoriam

Scott,

If you want to attach a statement to the post.

Locate the file. You can move a copy to your desktop and remove it later.

In the box where you are replying select the attach files browse button. This will take you to your computer files. If the file is on your desktop you can select the file. Your computer will download the file.

In your post say what you would like. Hit the space bar one time to start a new line. Then right under the browse button there is another button where you can attach the file. This will put the file into your post.

Then go to the add reply button, or you can preview your post before 'add reply'. Then you are done.

You can add pictures or documents.

It could be that you do not have this feature because you do not have enough post for the added features yet.

You can use your Microsoft Photo Editor or other photo editor to resize the document to the size you want. If your document is 100% select 50% of smaller if you like. You can practice this in the Test Posting Messages Here forum.

example:

post-167-0-09398700-1370639365_thumb.png

Edited by Stretch

• In Memoriam

Forgot to say that after the post is attached the add to post lable will appear. You have to go to the 'add to post' lable to put it into the post. Any other help you need then you will have to ask your question in the geek forum.

post-167-0-70430700-1370641435_thumb.png

I am going to try posting a document once again.

Okay, I tried again and again I received this same message (Error This file was too big to upload). Also it states the following; Max single file size: 2MB.

I tried to post a smaller file now it says " You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file". It was a page from the 2011 rating decision.

Scott

Edited by KILO 3/5

• In Memoriam

Scott,

Sorry you are having troubles with this. 2Megs is the largest file you can upload to the site, that is per document.

If you don't know how to change the file format, then you can select the file, then left click and select the open with option. At the very least you can open the file with your paint program. Then save the file as either GIF, JPG, or PNG file format. Save the file to your desktop. Check that your file is under 2 megs.

Don't forget to remove your personal information. You can edit this out while in Paint or other editor that you may use.

If you send me your email address I can send you an invitation to 'Go to Meeting'. I can help you learn this process. If you are interested in this then use hadit messaging to me.

Try not to get frustrated with this. Once you see it you will understand that it is just one hurdle.