Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Va Claim & Child

Rate this question

Kewldude85

Question

I need to know what paperwork to file I found out I have a 5 year old son. My e. wife has custody and they don't live close to me. What form num do I need to file and how I need to know how will this affect my check? Will I get less or how much will he get?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I need to know what paperwork to file I found out I have a 5 year old son. My e. wife has custody and they don't live close to me. What form num do I need to file and how I need to know how will this affect my check? Will I get less or how much will he get?

What percentage evaluation level are you SC'd at ?

You have to be 30 percent or higher for dependent allowance.

21-686c

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-686c-ARE.pdf

and all documents requested on the form.

I really need to know how this will affect my check I struggle as is to pay my bills out of my very small va check at 40% I need to know if filing this paper work so my sons mother gets a check for him off me! Will this decrease my va check?

Yes would mean that if we were married. But we are divorced and she has custody of my son. I saw on Internet it would cut my check in half I don't draw much as it is. Please any help would be appreciated on who or where I can see if it will cut my check...

Divorce doesn't have anything to do with it.......but make sure that you have provided the VA with all marriage license, divorce decrees (all marriages, and divorces that you have had), birth certificates, and social security cards (for all dependants that you are claiming)......the allotment for dependants will be added accordingly to your disability rating 30% or abouv, meaning that your payout amount will increase every month. .