Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Personality Disorder?

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Just me again. I talked to the Management Center today and was told by Pearl that I would be going for another examinaton.

As you know my dishcarge code is 460 emotional Instability Reaction, but I have 42 years of medical records and have never been diagnosed or treated for a Personality Disorder.

My first Examination was with a Va. Physchologist stated that my Anxiety Disorder was more than likely started in service.

Board of two psychistrist could not agree. One stated Histronian Personality disorder Axis 2 and Axis 1 - Gneralized Anxiety Disorder.

My claims file was to return to the two of them to reconcile their differences or if the Management Center deemed another Examination. I guess that chose the new examination.

Does anyone know if there is any where on line that post test that my be given to me for a Personality Disorder. I am not trying to pull one over on them, but I am sick of all of the questions about my early discharge from service.

I was a corpman and a darn good one, but could not handle the abuse of the navy way of life. It is clear in my records that I was given librium and caffergot in service.

Librium is a tranquilisher for my nerves and Caffergot for headaches.

I went before a compentency review board to receive my early discharge and was referred by the medical team in D. C.

I am filing for 100% service connection. Have not been able to seek gainful employment since my discharge of 1964.

I filed the first time in 1978 and was turned down. Filed again in 2002 and was turned down. 2003 awarded pension for 100% disability.

I contacted the St. Louis Archives and secured my Psychiatric records and the letter from the commanding officer which lead to my discharge in 1964. Definitely not from behavior problem or any article 15's.

My claim was re-opened with new and material evidence never seen by the Va. before. It is my understanding that it is re-opened back to 1978 when the bones of my claim was in the archives, never ask for by the Va.

Thanks so much

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Josephine- thanks- I do have enough evidence for my claim-

and I do get 1151 DIC-

My point was how important those medical records, and medication prescriptions are-

but thanks- I think the ME has contacted the coroner recently anyhow- but I will check-

every detail that might appear meaningless in an SMR or med rec- could mean something you need-

Was your diabetes diagnosed in service?

I know that when a diabetic's electrolytes are affected due to possible dehydration, or low sugar levels-they can act very strange-

happened to a friend of mine-years ago- the Nuns-at a parochial school where we both worked- didnt know whether to call police or an ambulance-they called both-

his history was diabetes and his strange behavior was due to it.

Within a few days he returned to work and at least they knew what signs to look for if he got ill again-

Could these symptoms in a diabetic possibly be wrongly considered as a mental disorder?

Josephine the VA now recognizes eating disorders-could the VA have misdiagnosed your diabetes early on----

I am always looking for a parallel claim-

sometimes a claimant can focus on one disability that might have weak chance for service connection when they actually have potential for a stronger claim for something else-

Tried to help PD vet -no way could VA sc-no chance of any other diagnosis at all-

Found SMRs revealed severe HBP -the same vet has heart disease-

He filed a stronger claim based on his SMRs and his heart disease.

I had to re-focus on a claim that I had won years ago- in my case-

My daughter insisted I do this-I seemed to have mind set for months-didnt want to do it-

It was very difficult to read the med recs all over again-knowing what disabilities had been granted and sced already and then finding something I had never seen before-

the actual cause of Rod's problems in the first place-it was evident throughout the med recs-I had read them a hundred times-didnt know enough about DMII to see it then-but

I knew before Dr. Bash called me 2 years ago that he would diagnose the veteran with diabetes-and he did.

One thing is for sure- it does pay to have a vet rep or someone read your claims stuff-

they could see something that you cant.

We are emotionally involved with our claims-

this can give us tunnel vision- it did in my case-

we often need to see it all in a new light-

just my opinion-

Berta,

I believe that the anxiety has wiped me out. There hasn't been a day gone by that I haven't lived in fear. Fear guides me every where that I go and everything that I do. Before I joined service, I was as calm as anyone else. Enjoyed playing the piano, but since, I can see myself on the high dive at the pool and constantly being forced to jump off into that deep water, I have sweat running down my hands to my elbows.

This is one thing that none of the doctors has been able to place under a personality disorder.

My internist has stated that the anxiety has just taken its' toll on me and things are falling apart with me. I have not been able to shake it off in 42 years.

I listen to the message, on my telephone of my military treating physician and hope that he can help carry this for me. I have only spoken to him twice since service, but he did tell me that if they didn't do something soon, that he was going to pick up the telephone and call them.

He was just a M. D. reservist at the dispensary when I met him, but if you click in his name on the internet, he can be located. When I called him that morning, I had no ideal of his success in the medical field.

Thanks a bunch!!

Josephine

My dd-214 has reason for discharge "AR-635-212 witha SPN Code I think off hand it says 264 charicter/behaeral disorder, sorry for bad gramer, in the statement given by first tops for reson for my discharge disribes ptsd semtoms. any help on this subject. station Germany 1968-1970

Edited by Dlc

• HadIt.com Elder
My dd-214 has reason for discharge "AR-635-212 witha SPN Code I think off hand it says 264 charicter/behaeral disorder, sorry for bad gramer, in the statement given by first tops for reson for my discharge disribes ptsd semtoms. any help on this subject. station Germany 1968-1970

DLC,

Do you have all of your service medical records. Did you see a physchiatrist in service, receive any medication and did you receive an administrative discharge?

This one is a good one for Berta.

Josephine

If this was other than Honorable Discharge as a UD,BCD,or a DD,, the VA will have to make a Character of Service determination-to see what VA care you are eligible for and also the determination would control any SC claim.

did you have more than one period of service?

Many SPN codes can even be removed.

Have you gotten any sort of claims decision from the VA at all?

What does their decision say?

This site will give you excellent info on bad paper and how this can possibly be changed:

http://www.landscaper.net/discharg.htm (15th Field Artillery Regiment web site)

Edited by Berta