Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Glad I Found Hadit

Rate this question

T-M

Question

Hello everyone, my name is Adan. I'm 90% service connected and wish I had found handit 2-4 years ago and probably be 100% by now, but it's never too late to continue to pursue what's right. I'm currently preparing to reopen a claim for OSA and Migraine headaches that were denied as not service connected. I filed for them when I got out in 2007, got denied, I appealed it, but since I was overseas I had no advice on how to go about doing the whole thing and I screwed it up. Needless to say I kind of gave up and figure I take care of it when I got back to the US, so now I'm wanting to re-engage and get this over with. I was also denied for PTSD, which I don't understand why as I'm an OIF veteran and went through a traumatic event while there. While overseas, the VA sent me to a C&P for PTSD, but I never knew the outcome of that. It took almost a whole day at this doctor's house answering questions and filling out questionnaires. To this day I still get upset that I spent almost a day in that house for nothing. Well, last week I went to see a VFW rep with some new PTSD information from when I was overseas and she was gracious enough to file the claim for me. I also claimed for Plantar Fasciitis as it was in my service record, but never claimed--I happened to come across it while looking for things to link my migraine headaches and OSA to my active duty days. Unfortunately I did not get diagnosed for either one, but did find that I complained about "headaches" several times when filling out PHA's. I also complained about feeling tired even after a full night sleep, which is a sign of sleep apnea. Not to mention the multiple times I took muscle relaxers and pain killers for all my pains and aches. I did some research and found that taking these types of pills could lead to sleep problems. I should have listened to my wife when she kept complaining about me snoring...she kept telling me to go get checked, but of course, I disregarded her cause I though snoring wasn't a problem...was I wrong!!!!

Well, sorry for such a long intro regarding where i'm at in the whole VA process, I like to spill the beans sooner rather than later, don't like holding back. ;) Oh, about reopening the aforementioned claims, my M.D. agreed to write me a Nexus letter, but this will be his first, so I'll be doing lots of writing and research before I let him take a crack at it. I think it'll be good for him if he does this for me as I can recommend other vets to him from the surrounding areas. I've read about Dr. Bash, but I'd like to give my doc a shot first and see what happens. If all fails, I'll probably be seeking Dr. Bashe's services.

Ok, I'm done and look forward to helping out others any way I can.

Regards,

Adan

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi Berta,

Thanks for chiming in. The doctor that saw me is American. I never got the denial letter for PTSD, OSA and migraine head aches. I was overseas when all these denials happened and found out officially this year that they were denied. I was pretty bummed as I called and sent a few letters asking for my status, but nothing.

"I wonder if a copy of the C & P is in your C file?

Overseas doctors.... could it have been a language problem I wonder......"

I wondered too, so about two weeks ago I requested my C-File and hopefully I get it soon.

As for my PTSD I was diagnosed in 2009 by a civ doctor in an army hospital in Germany. However, in my military records I noticed in my last post deployment questionnaire I answered some questions that would raise the PTSD flag, but I guess that wasn't enough for the VA to connect the dots. I put in for it again and hopefully I get a rating this time.