VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision Notification Sent

Rate this question

gr23932

Question

Hello, first time posting but I've learned so much from this site. My claim went from "preparation for notification" then back to gathering evidence all in one day. Under updates it says "Decision notification sent". Also, I now saw an AB8 letter that was never there, what can this mean? My claim was filled in March of 2013 while I was still in active duty, which I know is super fast. I got out in May and had a C&P exam in June. Is the AB8 letter legit? Thanks for your help.

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks everyone. I checked our bank acc. and a deposit was made today! Thanks to all who have provided the much need information and help on this website. You guys are awesome!

Just a bunch of folks in the same boat trying to help each other paddle, that's all. Congrats on the great news, the $$$ deposit, and the fast processing time. Glad to see something's working out there for someone. It gives the rest of us hope that our claims will eventually get closed with good news, too.

It's hard to gain information and insight and then not share it. Kind of like when a certain ruler went away but left some of his money in his servants' hands and expected them to do something with it...

God bless!

Just a bunch of folks in the same boat trying to help each other paddle, that's all. Congrats on the great news, the $$$ deposit, and the fast processing time. Glad to see something's working out there for someone. It gives the rest of us hope that our claims will eventually get closed with good news, too.

It's hard to gain information and insight and then not share it. Kind of like when a certain ruler went away but left some of his money in his servants' hands and expected them to do something with it...

God bless!

Thanks. I feel guilty knowing that some have been waiting over a year and my claim was done so quickly. I really feel for my brothers. I got my BBE today and its official , I guess. My wife was so excited but a bit surprised that my knees were low balled. In contrast, I'm good with what I got. I don't understand how my knees were rated the same as a scar???? Oh well... Edited by gr23932

I too have had my claim jump around on ebenefits. I have a Senator and financial hardships in on the claim which was prepared by the DAV. Its been 717 days and I think all my C&P exams have been done. VA called asking for my bank info a week ago then all of a sudden my claim too goes back to Gathering Evidence and I get a letter from the DAV stating I got combined 70% with 18 conditions being considered. However 7-18 are either denied or deferred. Ebenefits used to say they needed the MCRs for STR or something similar and the VA when called said they have no medical records for the dates of service. The DAV proposed they got the rating off my evals alone evn though I gave my medical records to the VA at the reception/transition office (Waller Hall) back when I was active duty and requesting a BDD. I have had no deposits and ebenefits will not let me download letters keeps saying an error is to blame. From reading these forums I see that ebenefits is not the best service and is not updated regularly. I too have been told to wait patiently it will happen but my claim and my situation is pretty unique as I had 12 yrs active but did not leave the service in the best of terms. My reenlisments give me my Honorable discharge so I am entitled to all benefits for the honorable time served but my last couple years were troubled with PTSD inpatient and accused wrongful use of my rx meds to which I won my appeal after being jailed and court martialed. The VA has not given me much help and once even gave me a cold shoulder and the DAV has rarely corresponded with me. I feel my administrative separation has put a dark cloud over my claim and added to my issues with PTSD. Anyways I am happy to be here and to see all the advice given and hope some will come my way. Till then I wait and check my mail/ebenefits several times a day and keep my fingers crossed, my head low and my left foot forward followed by the right.
I am asking if any others on here have had issues with the VA losing medical records as they claim to have done with mine.