Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bdd Process

Rate this question

gtdac

Question

Greetings everyone,

I've been trolling this site for a few months and I have received a lot of good information. However, I am curious to see how long others have waited for the BDD process to finish.

For example, I submitted all my documents and medical records to the DAV in HI back in Aug. They submitted my information to the VA. Additionally, I completed all my C&P exams back in Oct 2012. E-benefits reflect my application is under review with a completion phase window of Jul - Nov 13. My last day of active duty was 28 Feb 13, with an effective retirement date of 1 Mar 13.

I understand that BDD is supposed to assist with getting certain things done prior to retirement, separating, etc. However, I was told (by my DAV rep) that this process should be completed within 120 days after retiring. Also, I understand the backlog, but I'm just curious how others are fairing in this BDD process.

R,

Glen

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The longest I have seen a BDD claim is 27 months and that was from Winston-Salem. I do my best to convince the individual to submit a fully developed claim. I have even put the claim together and submitted them to the VARO in which the military member will reside. The folks here through ACAP and the transitioning office are paid employees and will only do BDD claims. I have sat on several occasions and explained the FDC process, showed them the results, but they still do BDD claims.

I was told that they do this because the bonuses are contingent upon their stats. I do not know this to be factual, but it wouldn't surprise me. I have asked directly, but get the topic of conversation changed immediately.

I really don't know if they do receive bonuses or not, but my main beef is why not do the best for the individual before he/she leaves the service? What happened to taking care of our soldiers, this seems to be left out of the equation somehow.

There has been on occasion, I have done a BDD claim. The individuals getting out had already secured employment and didn't want or have the time to take off from work to do the appointments. Great, do a BDD and be done with it, but why not be honest with the individual....