Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Is The Decision Notifcation Letter Sent?

Rate this question

Titanburner

Question

I found my AB8 with a Combined Evaluation rating of 70% on Tuesday of this week. How do they usually send the Decision Notification Letter? My worry is that although I have a change of address notification in to the post office, I don't anywhere else (UPS, FedEx etc.). I still live in the same apartment complex, just a different apartment.

My worry is that it will be delivered to my old apartment instead of my current one (I've had some trouble changing my address on Ebenefits). If it's delivered by USPS then I should be ok as I obviously got all of their other letters.

Maybe i'm just going stir crazy from the wait :wacko: . It has taken such a long time to get this far.. i'll be glad when it's over.

Additionally, any idea how long it takes for the compensation to kick in? I've seen here around the forums that some get it before receiving the letter (which doesn't seem like it's going to be the case for me as the Houston VARO mailed the letter on the 30th of July). All of my direct deposit info is correct , but it still hasn't posted on payment history under ebenefits yet so i'm guessing I won't be one of those cases.

Thanks for any help in answering my questions.

Edited by Titanburner

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

USPS.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Congrats on the 70% decision. My pay hit the bank a day before the letter arrived. So it should be very soon. No idea about your letter delivery. Good luck.

Thanks. Yea still nothing in the mail as of yesterday.. Hopefully i'll get the letter on Monday at least.

Thanks. Yea still nothing in the mail as of yesterday.. Hopefully i'll get the letter on Monday at least.

It can take several weeks for the whole process to get you the big envelope in the mail. The wait might continue...

If there is no retirement pay, separation pay , etc. issues, any retroactive pay would be deposited into your account right after the award is authorized and the decision letter is sent. Payments for regularly schduled payments for your service connected conditions is the first of the month following authorization. And the first of each month there after.