VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Problem With Form 9

Rate this question

Treymon

Question

Howdy all Ya'll,

I have a predicament. I am trying to fill out a notice of disagreement and the VA has never sent me any statements of case on my claims. While I have been homeless and the VA says that they sent the mail but was returned as undeliverable.

So how do I fill out the form 9 when it comes to box 9. Should I just check item A since I have not been afforded the opportunity to read the SOC or the supplemenetal SOC's.

Another question: If the time has elapsed for responding due to not knowing what and when the VA decided to deny my claims can I ask them to be reopened due to the fact that I was homeless?

Thanks,

Treymon

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Do you have a vet rep?

I thinK it would be impossible to raise a good argument to a denial on a i-9 ,without going over the SOC and SSOC very carefully.

How did you get the I-9 form?

A vet rep could possibly get the VA to FAX the SOC and SSOC to him/her, and help you prepare the formal appeal.

"If the time has elapsed for responding due to not knowing what and when the VA decided to deny my claims can I ask them to be reopened due to the fact that I was homeless?"

Th VA has extended time limits in the past for "good cause". But It sure doesn't happen too often.

I posted info here a few weeks ago on that, available under a hadit search.

You can re-open the claim, if the appeal period is over, with New and Material Evidence.

I just had the Am Leg refuse to represent me saying that they did not have enough personnel or time. They also said that their volunteers could not help either.

I am looking for one now.

But I have to be able to know what is going on myself instead of relying on a vet rep to do things and then they don't follow through or things get lost between the cracks.

For example, the Am Legion didn't check that my address change had gone into effect, even though I changed it over the toll free number twice and they did three times (they said) and still I missed a QTC exam. The letter was sent to my daughters old address in another state.

When I go to the VARO they won't even talk with me without a certified POA now.