Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Streaming Netfllix To My Blueray

john999

• HadIt.com Elder

I have a wireless modem and when I try to stream Netflix to my blueray, but it fails. I got cable to wire my modem to the blueray but that fails also. My cable company is useless. Netflix told me once I connected the modem and the blueray that would solve the problem but it does not solve it. Any ideas? Do I need a certain blueray DVD player model ?

John

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I have a Samsung Blu-ray which also includes Netflix. I had a similar problem. I had to run a system/firmware update on the Blu-ray device and then my Netflix worked afterwards. I hope you have similar luck.

One more thing. I also have a Play Station 3 and use it for Netflix in preference to the Blu-ray player, so I moved the Blu-ray to another room. The PS3 plays Blu-ray and the Netflix interface is a hell of a lot better than the one on the Blu-ray player. With the PS4 coming out, supposedly later this year, I expect PS3 prices to drop. Also, you can do so much more with a PS3 than a regular Blu-ray player.

I just thought about something else. Some smart phones allow you to install Netflix. If you have one, it might be worth a shot to see if you could turn on wi-fi, connect to your home wi-fi, and then test Netflix over the phone. Just remember to turn wifi off. Also, most cellular providers charge you a lot extra if you go over your GB limit (if you have one). If it still fails, then your problem could be with your wi-fi or internet modem. Some providers may block high bandwidth sites

Vync, yes, some Blue-Ray players are not set up to stream. We had bought a Samsung Blue-Ray player at Best Buy and the guy said that it would stream Netflix, but it did not. We went back and exchanged it for one that would stream. Then all I had to do was to open up the Blue-Ray and click on Netflix. Then I had to go online and put in the code in that it gave me. Then I was set to go. I also have a wireless modem.

I may get a roku for my tv in the bedroom.

Celia