VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New To E-Benefits Cant Find What Im Looking For Help!

Rate this question

scott2120

Question

Ok thanks for stopping by. I just had my C&P on 8-15 and I have singed into to E-Benefits to find out what the doctor had to say about are meeting. I might be a little slow, ( I did choose the Army after all... LOL JK :tongue: ) I have been poking around and I cant find where he might have posted it or maybe I found where it should be and its just not there yet. Is there anyway you can help me find it? Maybe a step by step. You guys and gals on here are awesome thanks for the help... :smile:

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Hi Scott. I don't think eBenefits will provide C&P exam notes. eBenefits does give some idea of where your claim stands overall, although it does take some experience to know when the system is just plain wrong and when you actually owe something. Specifics regarding what the doctor had to say isn't available unless I've also missed something.

Some hadit posters have found their C&P exam notes via another VA internet portal, myHeatheVet. myHeatheVet is a lot more useful, in my opinion, than eBenefits, and really worth your time even if you don't use the VA for your health care. The exam results were apparently findable by downloading the VA medical information through the "Blue Button" feature. I did not have the same success as my last C&P exams were not mentioned in those records. So it's probably hit-or-miss. With a premium, authenticated account, you should have full access to look and with a premium log in for eBenefits, that ought to work.

https://www.myhealth.va.gov/

What you might find, though, is that your exam was too recent to have anything posted. But you can always try.

Another option is to request your records from the VAMC that did the exams. I did that for my inital set of C&Ps using VA Form 10-5345a which I sent directly to the VAMC. They apparently can charge you some amount of photocopying fee, but did not charge me a couple of years ago.

http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-5345a-fill.pdf

There are likely other ways to gain insight into what your C&P notes had to say, and hopefully some of the more experienced members can help. But that's a couple of ideas anyway.

I had 3 C&P in last year. I sent form off for two of them and received one. Neither of those showed up in myvahealth. The last C&P showed up in myvahealth in just days. So I would agree--it is hit or miss.

IF your C&P was done at a VAMC you should be able to obtain

a copy at ROI.

If your C&P was done by a contracted examiner - chances are you will not be

able to get a copy until after the decision is made.

JMHO