Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam Not Consistent With Med Records

Rate this question

Despicableme2

Question

My C&P exam results differ from my medical records i was hospitalized in a mental health hospital in 2010 and 2011 my gaf was 30 and 50 I was diagnosed with major depression, anxiety, and ptsd. Was on Ativan, Serequol, and ambian. The rater at the C&P exam gave me a 68

Also the examiner gave me this rating Occupational and social impairment due to mild or transient symptoms which decrease work efficiency and ability to perform occupational tasks only during periods of significant stress, or; symptoms controlled by continuous medication

Can someone please help me

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

"i was hospitalized in a mental health hospital in 2010 and 2011 my gaf was 30 and 50 I was diagnosed with major depression, anxiety, and ptsd. Was on Ativan, Serequol, and ambian. The rater at the C&P exam gave me a 68"

Is VA aware of, and have they obtained those MH hospital records?

Have those meds decreased pr changed since then?

"I was diagnosed with major depression, anxiety, and ptsd"

PTSD is an anxiety disorder, have you claimed the depression as secondary to the PTSD? or maybe vice versa?

VA only makes one MH rating.

If you are claiming the PTSD with the depression as secondary, have you looked over the new PTSD criteria since 2010 here in our PTSD forum.

Did the C & P examiner diagnose you with PTSD?

Did he/she make any statement as to the new stressor criteria in the exam?

Can you prove your PTSD stressor if needed?

Or did you claim the major depression as the main disability?

Do you have your complete SMRs and military personnel records?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

My C&P exam results differ from my medical records i was hospitalized in a mental health hospital in 2010 and 2011 my gaf was 30 and 50 I was diagnosed with major depression, anxiety, and ptsd. Was on Ativan, Serequol, and ambian. The rater at the C&P exam gave me a 68

Also the examiner gave me this rating Occupational and social impairment due to mild or transient symptoms which decrease work efficiency and ability to perform occupational tasks only during periods of significant stress, or; symptoms controlled by continuous medication

Can someone please help me

What exactly is it you've found that is inconsistent ?

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

I'm confused about how I relieved a gaf at my c & p of 68 and both times I was hospitalized I was at a 30-50 gaf I feel as she didn't understand my condition I feel as if my rating will be very Low because of my c & p exam. She did acknowledge that I have these mental health issues but down played them because I was working full time. I feel as if they are only going to look at her c & p exam and not my medical records from 2yrs ago about the time I started the claim

I'm confused about how I relieved a gaf at my c & p of 68 and both times I was hospitalized I was at a 30-50 gaf I feel as she didn't understand my condition I feel as if my rating will be very Low because of my c & p exam. She did acknowledge that I have these mental health issues but down played them because I was working full time. I feel as if they are only going to look at her c & p exam and not my medical records from 2yrs ago about the time I started the claim

A gaf score can change hour by hour / day by day, etc . . .

After all - you were hospitalized when your gaf scores of 30 & 50

were noted in your medical evidence, and 68 when working full time.

Don't put a whole lot into gaf as it is one small factor for VA's consideration.

Whether a gaf is high or low - changes.

The most and more important evidence that plays into the evaluation for percentage

criteria is

"Occupational and social impairment due to mild or transient symptoms which decrease work efficiency and ability to perform occupational tasks only during periods of significant stress, or; symptoms controlled by continuous medication".

All MH evaluations fall under the following (except eating disorders).

http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?c=ecfr&SID=93f093c5d136ceceff1bf80ef7189818&rgn=div8&view=text&node=38:1.0.1.1.5.2.111.73&idno=38

Does the rater ever go against what the c & p examiner puts in their reports

Sure, sometimes this happens, they are human.

For them to do so can be a reason for appeal, depends on the situation.

Here's a hypo situation for you.

C&P examiner states, "this veteran should get 100 percent SC."

The VA decision maker grants claim at 60 percent supported with Reasons and Bases

for the evaluation, that is in agreement with the medical evidence of record.

Unless (or until) there is evidence that supports a higher evaluation, the 60 percent would remain in effect.

The decision maker does not have to simply accept the C&P examiner's opinion

that "this vet should get 100 percent SC."

It is not supported with any medical rationale.

There are many thousands of appeals, each year.