Granted 80% Claim Complete

Rate this topic

BigRed

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, this is great....Big Red.

"I still have several issues on appeal from 2010, this was a new claim. Will this shed any light on those issues from my 2010 appeal, does anyone know???"

That is a great question and hard to even take a guess.

I assume by 'new' claim ,it was not regarding anything on appeal ????

Time to think about checking the bank account and the award letter will tell you everything you need to know....I am surprised they awarded the 'new claim' without deciding the older appeal but there is some good reason for that I think.

Since you are going from Zero to 80%,did the appeal involve TDIU?

Sit tight and enjoy Big Red......you will know more soon.

WOW, this is great....Big Red.

"I still have several issues on appeal from 2010, this was a new claim. Will this shed any light on those issues from my 2010 appeal, does anyone know???"

That is a great question and hard to even take a guess.

I assume by 'new' claim ,it was not regarding anything on appeal ????

Time to think about checking the bank account and the award letter will tell you everything you need to know....I am surprised they awarded the 'new claim' without deciding the older appeal but there is some good reason for that I think.

Since you are going from Zero to 80%,did the appeal involve TDIU?

Sit tight and enjoy Big Red......you will know more soon.

Berta,

Thanks. No the appeal does not involve TDIU. I sent you a response regarding my appeal on another feed, entitled "Is this a clue".

BigRed

Big Red, in the pdf you ad attached, the date of the decision, and the disability claimed, was blackened out....

I saw no evidence liost there or any Reasons and Bases.....all needed in order to really figure out what they meant....

Have you received your formal award letter yet?

Does the EED seem to be correct?

Bertie,

Apologies for that, I got carried away with the black marker.

To recap:

In 2010 VA reopened my claim from 2005 for headaches, throat conditions, skin condition and nasal infections. They had my C&Ps at the time but did not use them for whatever reason when they decide my claim (it was denied). For headaches I was sent to a Neurologist who diagnosed me with PTSD caused by Desert Shield/Storm then referred me to a Psychologist who had the same diagnosis.

I put in a claim in 2010 for PTSD and CFS and was recently awarded rated 50% PTSD 50% Sinusitis with headaches (both effective July 2012).

I am thinking of submitting a NOD for an earlier effective date (2005 ) for both PTSD and Sinusitis (previously nasal conditions). Is this the logical thing to do?

BigRed

I am reading this as the 2005 claim was for four disabilities , but the 2010 claim was for 2 different disabilities.

Were the sinus headaches mentioned as the same etiology of the headaches claimed in the older claim?

What VA rationale did they state for the July 2012 EED? Was that the date of the most recent C & P exams? Even so, that doesnt make sense.

I am reading this as the 2005 claim was for four disabilities , but the 2010 claim was for 2 different disabilities.

Were the sinus headaches mentioned as the same etiology of the headaches claimed in the older claim?

What VA rationale did they state for the July 2012 EED? Was that the date of the most recent C & P exams? Even so, that doesnt make sense.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use