Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision On Remand Sept 9 2013 From The July 30 2013

Rate this question

KDM

Question

I have a decision on my remand sent by the BVA to the AMC/RO

I found out from a phone call then I rechecked it they told me there was a decision on Sept 9 2013 from July 30 2013 on my Remand.

The Remanded appeal from 2004 was sent to the AMC in Washington DC for the RO to either make a decision on or send out a SSOC and then send it back to the BVA in epedited fashion, also to deal with all the situations in the case/remand, but the case in remand is not closed or sent back to the BVA yet meaning they are still working on it.

In the remand they added these words "as a final preliminary matter the EED for the increase I recieved in 2013"

Now the Remand appeal is from 2004 but they only back dated me to 2012 of October from the increase for the appeal dated from 2004.

Quiestion

1. Is there a chance that they have made either a partial decision or they have dealt with the EED?

2. Would it be possible for them to send me an early SSOC?

3. Do they send denial first then keep working on the case or is it the other way around the appoval?

I also have a decision on a claim made on May 29 2013 that denied my increase but kept me at the same rate it was said to have been and Eligibility Determinatio on this and a CUE for the EED that was denied on may 29 2013.

This same case denied my increase and the CUE I was told was at the rating board and another decision was made on Aug 27 2013 on the case for my increase (and possibly the CUE?) this Aug 27 case is in a status of a PREPARATION FOR NOTIFICATION, and the claim type is compensation not an Eligabilty Determination

Quiestion

1. What is the difference between and Eligibility Determination and a Compensation Case?

2 Why would they deny me and increase first in may 28th for an Eligibility Determination on the PFB/skin condition and the CUe for the EED, then on AUg 27 call me on the phone to say the have made a descion on the PFB /Skin Condition ( possibly the CUE ont he EED) and that is is at the rating board and now awaiting signatures isnt this the same case done twice why would they deny me twice for the increase?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Usually "waiting for signatures" has turned out to mean awarded but ya never know w/the VA. They can and do anything they want w/o worry of recourse.

Eligibility, to me, means do you qualify as a veteran or wartime veteran, and for what period, honorable service vs general discharge, etc, etc. But I could be wrong. What I do know is don't count on the AMC. They called me to ask if I'd continue my appeal if I won my claim and then denied me.

pr