Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Scheduling ?

Rate this question

wfdyer1

Question

I had a question for my VSO rep. the other day and seeing as how he never returns my calls ,I decided to go to the office in PHX and see him.Got there and he wasn't in the office this week so I saw another rep.instead.I had filed my NOD with my VSO over 2 years ago and was told that a hearing would be requested with the DRO at the same time.Guess what?No DRO hearing was requested by my VSO just a review.So now they file a request for a hearing so my question is,am I now looking at another 2 years before I even have a hearing and then waiting forever like everyone else in Phoenix to receive an answer from a review???

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

What I'm hearing is just what I was afraid of.When my NOD was filed back on 07/2011,my rep. as usual was out of the office.They had another rep assist me, who is no longer there,and it seems that my usual rep never followed up with anything.I think we have the same rep at the DAV whom I've met once in the past 3 years since originally opening my claim.I too met with Judy who assisted me when I opened the claim and then it was assigned to this guy who is never there.Is it possible to switch reps out of the same office even though your claim is in for DRO?This guy has hurt me more than help me and seems he doesn't have to answer to anybody or they are all out to protect thier own?

We don't really get reps that are specifically assigned to handle our claims, many times the reps are

assigned say Claim #'s 10 - 50 or SSA #'s XXX - XXXX, and they switch around frequently.

JMHO

They don't give a s..........The Phx VSo we have never met name starts with a C. We have asked for a change in VSO many times , call DAv in DC and they keep telling us we cant change. Judy is the strongest one in the pile. They told us they assign by SS # . I sometimes call my VSO C and ask him to call me back just for fun so I can hear him say " you just nee to be patient". He calls back in about a month. They also told us not to bother IRIS or Peggy for any issues as they will handle everything. Iris has been the most helpful.

. Meeting with Mc Cain office on my appeal at end of month. I don't have a hardship but sounds like you need to call DAV in DC or congressman, advocate to get help. If you could get to Judy and pass that secretary at the desk she will get you on the right track . JC

That's the right one.Whenever I call it's at least a month before he returns my call if he bothers to at all.I think he just has to much on his plate.He not only works in Phx but once a month for a week at a time he is out working the surrounding areas like Kingman and Williams and smaller towns.Last week he was in LA all week for something.I hate to sound like I'm complaining but if I have to wait another 2 years I'll most likely be out on the street.All this for a simple rate increase??I can see why Vets just give up.

Good luck with McCain!!

Edited by wfdyer1

WFDyer1: <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<When my NOD was filed back on 07/2011,my rep. as usual was out of the office.They had another rep assist me, who is no longer there,and it seems that my usual rep never followed up with anything.I think we have the same rep at the DAV whom I've met once in the past 3 years since originally opening my claim.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

How do you abbreviate Laughing on floor with my ass because I laughed it off me ? LOFw/MABILIOOM. I like my big win with Tombo the DaNang Marine. He gave up and his wife did it herself without the Bozos at AmLeg. When s/he won, the AmLeg rep knocked on the front door and Lo! there was the VSO wanting a photo for the trophy wall in the AmLeg Bar. Tombo and the AmLeg had gone and won 280% and AmLeg wanted their Big Moment in the sun. They had called and called but got no answer. She told them to go piss on a flat rock. If they couldn't be polite enough to return his phone calls, she wasn't too inclined to do so either. My theory is that if they have THAT much work, then they are spread too thinly. Why throw your hat in that ring? If all the VSOs in Phoenix are that busy, why would switching from one to another help? No spite intended sir, but you do yourself a great disservice. You are asking for Perry Mason justice and getting Cheech and Chong. You seem unnerved that they could screw it up. They're getting paid about $40K a year. What's wrong with this picture?

Very valid point asknod.I guess being new to the claims system makes me want to give them the benefit of the doubt.Maybe a good time to see if a state rep can do anything and to quit screwing around with the Phx DAV.