Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Scheduling ?

Rate this question

wfdyer1

Question

I had a question for my VSO rep. the other day and seeing as how he never returns my calls ,I decided to go to the office in PHX and see him.Got there and he wasn't in the office this week so I saw another rep.instead.I had filed my NOD with my VSO over 2 years ago and was told that a hearing would be requested with the DRO at the same time.Guess what?No DRO hearing was requested by my VSO just a review.So now they file a request for a hearing so my question is,am I now looking at another 2 years before I even have a hearing and then waiting forever like everyone else in Phoenix to receive an answer from a review???

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I was zero for three with DAV, AmVets and MOPH when I opted to go it alone. I won all three claims within seven months. MOPH "accidentally forgot" to file my nexus and my civvie medrecs. The VA rater called me personally and said if they didn't have them then they couldn't rate me. My wife ran them up to the RO 60 miles away the next day. How do you lose 650 pages of medrecs? When I got my C-file a year later, ding dong. Two complete sets of medrecs. The blind leading the deaf. A lady friend who is doing her husband's claim said VA notified her they could not process her FDC because she had not provided any proof of service (DD214). She checked her records and there it was on page 465 of the 600 page filing. She notified them it was in there and to be safe ran another copy up to them. Bingo. One day late. Now it's not a proper FDC. Denied. Off to 2 year limbo for another adjudication when they'll finally find the original 214. The Blind leading the deaf. Nonadversarial. A Veteran friendly environment. It reminds me of that drunk sea captain on the bridge of the Exxon Valdez. It takes two miles to turn right or stop.

Clear Prop

I have worked with a local, unpaid volunteer VSO who has been great. She has given me good advice, shown real concern and is generally someone I can trust. The paid VSOs at the local DAV office have been totally useless. I am controlling and very impulsive by nature, so I have done 95% of the work on my claim myself. Its unfortunate, but if you are relying on ANYONE else to make it happen for you, you are in danger of being left at the gate. YOU have to be YOUR advocate. Think about it this way...When the BBE hits the mailbox and the check hits your bank account, you are the hero, because you knew your claim better than anyone else. That's the way it should be. Good luck...

OK, so now I have a question...Will the VA recognize anyone other than the service orgs as rep for a claimant? My guess is NO, but I don't know for sure. Thanks.