VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Much Influence Is C &p Exam On Rating?

Rate this question

doubleD

Question

I was wondering how much influence does the C and P exam have on the approval and/or disability rating? I am stressed and freaking out because I am about to lose everything. It seems like there are a lot of appeals. Will I be denied the first time?

The exam notes have the following:

PTSD/Panic/Depression

at least as likely as not (50% or greater)

deficiencies in most areas

GAF 45

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Navy04, I hope you have refreshed yourself on the questions they will ask during the c and p exam. It will help if you talk to your wife as well. Women are usually pretty good for examples. You have to be able to articulate your symtoms. I wish you luck. I got 70% and I am ok with that. I plan on going for tdiu and ssd in the future just not right yet.

C&P exams are generally intimidating from my experience; the doctors that have C&p 'POWER' know it and it can go to their head; that said, one of the doctors who examined me was professional as could be and I liked her 'bedside manner' which equates to 'listening with respect' (for the patient). \

For another C&p exam, the doctor and I were small talking on the way to the exam room; he told me in a harsh manner 'you are going to stay at 60%' - in other words his demeanor was like this: 'I have already decided, so don't get your hopes up.' Sure enough with a volley of omissions and quick judgment he crushed my claim and the VARO endorsed everything he wrote like it was gospel which obviously it was far from it, as he did a 'quick and dirty' job of it.

two examples. during an ortho c&p for my IU, the doc apologized for wasting my time as it was obvious to him i couldn't work because of my service connected back issues. on the other hand. when trying to get smc, the doc wrote i disobeyed a direct order to get out of my wheel chair unassisted for a test. obviously, i was denied. however, it states several places in my record i am wheel chair bound!

"the doc wrote i disobeyed a direct order to get out of my wheel chair unassisted for a test. obviously, i was denied. however, it states several places in my record i am wheel chair bound!"

Disobeyed a direct order to get out of your wheelchair unassisted????

What kind of crap is that?

What kind of doctor would ORDER a patient in their wheelchair to get up???

I can see ASKING the person if they are ABLE to. But to directly ORDER them to get up????

And if you can't get up unassisted, you DISOBEYED and ORDER????