VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Had My C&p For Ptsd... Where To Get The Diagnosis?

Rate this question

BearGator56

Question

I've read through these posts and I see the letter that many of you have posted where it rates all of the categories and then you get a final score. How to I obtain this from the VA? My C&P was about 3 weeks ago. When I called the VA to ask if I could get a copy of my session, they said it's in processing for the rating. I pressed and asked again, and they stated it wasn't available for them to give to me. They acted like they didn't know what I was referring to. Is there a specific word or something I need to say? Which office should I call?

I'm at the Atlanta VA.

Thanks!

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

They told me I would need to send a letter in writing/fax (Freedom of Information) requesting all of my medical records, etc.

Why does this not seem like the same thing you all have done? Good Lord.

Where was your C&P done? How close are you to your Veteran's Clinic? Do they have an ROI rep there? Did you try setting up an account on myhealthvet? The easiest way to retrieve a copy of your C&P exam is to get it thru myhealthvet.

I'm all set up on myhealthevet. The info isn't available on the Blue Button yet, although there is a note added (see below). It was done at the Atlanta VA.

Date/Time: 19 Sep 2013 @ 0911
Note Title: C&P EXAM
Signed By: JONES,KATHERINE S
Co-signed By: JONES,KATHERINE S
Date/Time Signed: 19 Sep 2013 @ 0912
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOCAL TITLE: C&P EXAM
STANDARD TITLE: C & P EXAMINATION NOTE
DATE OF NOTE: SEP 19, 2013@09:11 ENTRY DATE: SEP 19, 2013@09:12:07
AUTHOR: JONES,KATHERINE S EXP COSIGNER:
URGENCY: STATUS: COMPLETED
A C&P examination was conducted this date. A complete report is forthcoming.
/es/ KATHERINE S. JONES, PH.D., ABPP
CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST
Signed: 09/19/2013 09:12

Okay, mine had the same thing on myhealthvet several days after my C&P. I, however, requested a copy of the C&P exam the same day I took the exam. Try going to the Atlanta VA to get a copy of it. Once the exam report was ready, it was sent to me by mail as well as showed up on myhealthvet. I'm not sure the time lapse on having it available after reading some of the posts here I got worried and contacted the VA as well as contacted the ROI rep where I took my C&P exam. The information here is soooooo helpful it's not even funny. Being that you were experiencing some of what I was experiencing, It's crazy that they referred you to the 800 number. Since you spoke with someone in the ROI office at the MC in ATL, you should be able to go there and request a copy of it in person. Depending of the length of the report, they may mail it to you. Request the specific day of Mental Health notes you're looking for. I'm not familiar with the Atlanta VAMC, I utilize Dublin's.

I wouldn't call, you never know who is answering the phones. Go to the VA and go to the Release of Information Office, ask them for a copy. You will have to sign the release form, but at least you will walk away with a copy of your exam notes!

I just went to the VA's release of information office (the one where the c and p exam was completed) and got a copy. It doesn't stop the process. Once it is done it becomes part of your medical records so you should be able to go to your local Va.

I just had a C & P exam and 1 week later it showed up on https://www.myhealth.va.gov

Edited by Proudvet