Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-File Not Complete

Rate this question

63SIERRA

Question

I requested a copy of my c-file several months after rating for kidney removal due to kidney cancer . there was nothing in my c-file at all abt my kidney surgery. why would this be ? the files were in my med recs at the local vamc, which I have copies of.

• Answers 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You also want to get a disk from the 2003 scan. Not just the report. You want to get copies of the actual scans. Then a doctor can look at those and see what kind of cyst it showed. That would be very important in a negligence case.

You also want to get a copy of the lab report -- the biopsy report. That should tell you what type of cancer it was, the size (which might be a bit different than what the scan showed), the margins, etc. The lab report should show what was biopsied, and what was cancerous (for instance, my husband's report showed the mass was cancerous -- adenocarcinoma -- but the lymph nodes were negative for cancer.

Also when I went get my medical records there was a cd disk enclosed. I put it in my computer and it actually opened it, and let me view the images. I dont know what the hell im looking at, but there are plenty. so I may have alot of evidence in those images as well .some are xray. some ultrasound, some ct.

evidently they can tell if its cancer by looking at the images alone, because thats how they determined to operate and that they were pretty sure it was cancer/ they didnt tell me for sure until several weeks later. I guess they sent it to the lab.

Think Outside the Box!

=Are you saying the kidney was removed, due to cancer, before they discovered the renal cyst was cancerous?

Your medical records could reveal that the cyst was cancerous and metastasized,meaning it was the cause of the entire kidney removal and adrenal gland removal ,because it had spread from the cyst."

To, me, it seems the renal cyst and the cancer were one in the same.

Here is a link to the most recent Bosniak classification guide for renal cysts and the need for monitoring some types of them carefully.

http://www.radiologyassistant.nl/en/p44d1045b472df/kidney-cystic-masses.html

The photo scans there might even reveal something you find in your own MRI or Ultrasound results.

I used photos from an internet brain autopsy to mark the exact 7 areas of brain damage that my husband had, due to piss poor VA health care referring them (VA)directly to the occurence of these untreated and undiagnosed brain lesions

I was also able to prove with medical evidence (multiple ER vists in his VA med recs )( and other evidence- such as his drivers license) how the VA had documented evidence of symptomatology of transcient brain ischemia, that caused him problems on the VA job (documented) and in VA Voc Rehab (documented) and due to any lack of diagnosis and treatment they turned into a full blown totally disabling stroke.

A proper assessment and follow up that his initial ER certificate revealed (diagnosed with sinus infection but I proved he had an on the job heart attack) that would have prevented the major stroke and also his untimely death.

I wasnt a doctor but spent from early 1995 to mid 1997 collecting mdical evidence to prove my case.

I should have gotten an IMO but never even considered getting one.

As I mentioned her before the fact that I had no lawyer gave me the right to deal with my FTCA case myself.

I had the goods on them and was confident and aggressive in getting a proper resolve.

But that all took me LOTs of time to get up to speed medically enough and legally enough to deal with the VA lawyers in DC.

They are top notch lawyers and they had a top notch medical team to try to defeat me with.

We have the absolute right to pursue these issues ourselves.

After 20 NY lawyers would not take my case, I was glad I was willing to pursue it myself.

But that was before the internet as we know it now. VA malpractice lawyers and IMO docs are a Google away.

I sure dont recommend handling these types of claims yourself.

In my case ,the VARO pulled some crap that no lawyer would have ever put up with and it added time and much stress to me and my case. I was in a daily battle mode for over 2 years.

1151s and FTCA these days require,in my opinion, a strong IMO.

And if you get a strong IMO proving malpractice, and worth a good sized settlement, then a lawyer would be foolish to turn down an FTCA case as long as it falls within the FTCA Statute of Limits.

Berta the amount of work you must have put in to beat them had to be massive. Im sure your husband was with you in spirit, fighting with you side by side, God bless you both.

Thats proof that everything done in the dark shall someday come to the light, just as it did in Bertas husbands case, and as I believe it is for me now. When u walk in the light of the lord, your foes are at a big disadvantage, the good lord will build a fence around you, and stike them down. He will make a table for you to feast, while your enemies watch in great hunger. Great is God!!

CYSTIC RENAL CELL CARCINOMAS/ thats what I need to find out . if the renal cell carcinoma cancer originated from the cyst.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3723939/?report=classic

"Cystic renal cell carcinoma (CRCC) is a special type of renal cell carcinoma. It is relatively rare and involves fluid-filled masses. The classification of cystic renal disease is based on the Bosniak classification system (Table 1) [1,2]. However, CRCC is usually misdiagnosed as a benign renal cyst due to similar clinical manifestations and imaging characteristics."

"Cystic degeneration of the kidney is very common in renal lesions. About 50% of individuals aged >50 years have cystic renal disease. However, CRCC is relatively rare [3]. Accurate diagnosis and treatment are sometimes difficult because CRCC and benign renal cystic disease have similar clinical manifestations and imaging characteristics."

Edited by free_spirit_etc
Think Outside the Box!