Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

D A V Offer

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

I just received a membership offer from DAV; it states that they want me to send them some money. I am not a member, I have never been a member, and I am not interested in becoming a member. With times being as hard as they are DAV is still trying to get veterans to pay membership dues so DAV can pay their representatives that appear to help the VA screw over veterans. I am not sure how they got my personal information but they even sent me a little certificate saying I am a new member. It’s sad to say that it seems that most VSOs have more bad representatives than good ones and the good ones are so burned out that they don’t last long. When I did use the VSO system most of them told me that my claims were not service related when most of the information was in my SMRs and they just didn’t want to help or did't know how to help. So the DAV still wants veterans to help pay their salaries. It is just too sad.

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Agree with most of what you say. The concept of the service organizations was good but they have strayed in purpose. I guess the sadest thing is, if veterans can't even make their organizations fight for veterans, what hope do we have in getting the government to act as they should. I see commercials soliciting funds for wounded veterans, and I think this shouldn't be necessary, It is a government obligation. Why don't these organizations invest some of that money and effort to expose government in-action and demand the spirit and letter of the law is faithfully executed.

71M10......you hit it out of the park?

"Why don't these organizations invest some of that money and effort to expose government in-action"

Cant wait til I get approached again by some (Help the poor vet) group wanting money. I will reply by putting a preprinted letter in their prepaid envelope advising them to use their money to make the VA do their job.

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

To me there just are too many service organization and they don't represent a United front for the Veteran. I was a long member of AL but got sour on them so I joined the VFW where I should have been in the first place.

Stillhere

Hell If I joined all of them I would be broke!