VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where Would You Find Evidence Of Va Claim Related Notifications

Rate this question

GlassRose1500

Question

Where and what would I ask for to see:

1. The dates the VA sent me claim related notifications from 1990 - 1996ish including date, address, and type of notification or request.
  2. A record of address data with change dates kept on file through 1994, the end of my inactive reserve period (during which we had to check in yearly and provide info about our location, financial activity, travel, fitness for duty, etc.)
  3. Documentation of those yearly check-ins with any data recorded

I had expected to find #1 covered by my C file, which I requested and recieved last year, but there was no doumentation of notifications but not sure that's where I'd look for them.

Then I requested my entire medical record, which had most everything save for boot camp medical records (no problem, nothing relevant in them to my knowledge).

Earlier this year I requested my personnel files (all options that could be checked I checked) but I never received them.

Any ideas where to find the info? Much appreciated!

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Since the address information you are seeking is address changes with your reserve unit the VA will not have them. They should have them with your 201 file. You could also contact the unit directly and see if they can provide them.

Your address status with your researve unit shouldn't have any bearing on VA decisions.

Your c-file should have everything the VA sent you. In some cases it has a typed date and a stamped date the stamped date would be date of mailing. You may need to set up an appointment at your VARO to look at your c-file to see what they havn't sent you.

Unsure of the record on those yearly check-ins, you again might try the unit. It should be in the official 201 file that they haven't sent you yet.