Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Howdy Y'all.

Rate this question

codylt

Question

Well I googled some stuff on VA disability and found this "hadit.com" and I felt a weight lifted from my shoulders.

For a few years now I've been sitting on the fence about applying for VA Disability, and these days things are just getting worse. Right before I found Hadit I read these words on another website... "You should apply regardless of your income and regardless of your ability to find work. In short: if the military broke it, the VA owns it"... and so i knew then what i need to do.

Howdy y'all I'm Cody T from Texas. I'm a 28 yr old former Marine, been diagnosed with PTSD, its hard to hold down a job with it. Also I have a knee and hip pain and a few other bodily things wrong. I live with my mom and step dad. I could go on but I'm not here to vent.

Can anyone guide me in the best direction to apply for VA Disability? I know its not best to deal with the VA alone because of the dificulty of the paper work. And i cant seem to gain contact with my local " Texas Veterans Comission rep".

Thanks, Cody T.

Welcome,

Others will probably chime in with more info for you.

There are several ways to submit your #1 - first and only ORIGINAL claim,

for VA benefits.

It's OF MOST IMPORTANCE for you to do it right and complete, the first time,

rather than languish in wait and appeals down the road.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Welcome, Cody! :smile:

Carlie is right- the traditional route (advised by VSO's etc) was to file your claim immediately to 'preserve the date" and then send evidence later; this could cost you months/years versus doing the research and filing a complete claim with solid evidence.

And feel free to vent whenever you need it - this IS the place for that (with a few rules :wink: )

Thanks y'all. I actually have my full medical record. When I discharged I got it from the corpsman and took it to admin office and spent a couple hours copying every single page of it. (A little over an inch thick.)

And I also have a printed and signed paper from a VA psychological doctor saying that PTSD, tenitus, my left hip, and left knee are all SC'd.

It seems from your advice I have a big part of what I need to get started. I have heard stories about how the VA almost always gives you a lot of hastle going in without a representative and doing it on your own. Almost like going to a criminal court without a lawyer.

I'm just ready to do something with my life. Veterans shouldn't have to struggle pay check to pay check working our butts off and have nothing to show for. I am 28, live with mom, have done more with my life than most people my age and have nothing. Then there are those that seen to have everything easy. Not to be jealous of those people, amd I believe in working for a living but heck something's gotta give!!!.