Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Based On What They Said They Didnt Have

Rate this question

63SIERRA

Question

if u read the reasons they denied my claims at the bottom, it looks like they didnt even look in my medical records for the records that were all surely there.

many times on ebennifits they said evidence requested is past due. I would ask my DAV service rep abt it and he would always say, dont worry abt it, they got it. well he never told me that if we never gave them a specific date range to look in, they could just blow my claim off. Copy the medical records and send them in with your claims. Dont trust that they will look thru your records to find what they need to approve your claim. It is EXHAUSTING looking thru, and reading everypage in a medical file that id 450 pages. I wish I could go back in time, and start over again. I would have done things so different. now im playing catch up, in a system that doesnt care how long it takes.

see attached file

CLAIMS.txt

I thought they granted the kidney claim based on a secondary connection to hepatitis C.

So I was puzzled by the notation on your attachment "kidney condition/kidney removal, due to cancer from syreen gas used in IRAQ"

The only reason I got the 30 percent for kidney cancer is that I did the research and submitted the evidence off the internet.

Think Outside the Box!

And again, I would not even mention to them they might have screwed up until you are sure you have copies of all relevant records. Or some of those could disappear...

As far as the possible malpractice claim, the VA dont know, that I know they screwed up. I dont think that they even know, that they screwed up. (changing doctors like drawers at the va its likely hard to get to know patients)

Think Outside the Box!

I think Sierra has an excellent premise for a CUE claim. They gave him 30% for the removal of his kidney due to cancer they SCed, but they didn't rate him for the cancer. Cancer is supposed to be rated at 100% for at least 6 months after treatment has ceased. Then they are supposed to re-examine him and rate on residuals. It looks like they rated him 30% on residuals - but did not give him the 6 months (or more) at 100% for the cancer.

And Sierra said they also removed an adrenal gland, which may be a separate rating.

You don't want to move this to a CUE contention unless you have incontravertable proof that an error was committed.

Think Outside the Box!

Thats correct, under code 7915 residuals of endocrine dysfuction, 30 percent. 'ALSO, I should have been compensated for cancer of the endocrine system under the same rules as cancer. Yet they STILL denied me.

As Ive already stated., EVERYTHING that WACO RO has put thier hands on they have screwed up . They had to know I had cancer, in the rating letter they even SAY it was cancer. AND STILL SCREWED ME. I filed for kidney cancer the day before the operation,.

how can they be that damned stupid? .... I dont believe they are I believe they are intentionally ripping vets off. also they ,made my effective date for residuals of kidney removal july of 2012.. I had kidney surgery oct 2011. filed claim oct 2011. explain that one.

I thought they granted the kidney claim based on a secondary connection to hepatitis C.

So I was puzzled by the notation on your attachment "kidney condition/kidney removal, due to cancer from syreen gas used in IRAQ"

FREE that is what my genius DAV rep wrote down when I initially filed the claim, not me.

WTF is syreen gas anyway? haha