Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Needing Some Advice

Rate this question

infantry10

Question

My claim was rated on Oct 31 and it's been in pending decision approval ever since. I'm grateful that its got this far and its got the attention it has. But, if it doesn't start moving a little faster I'm afraid I'm going to lose my house. My question is...would it benefit me to contact a senator at this stage or would it hurt me. I am willing to do anything at this point if it would help move things along faster but I'm not sure if that would be the best option or not. If anyone has any advice, I would grately appreciate it!! I'm desperate and any opinions would be helpful. Thanks!!

I am hoping you get good news on money in your bank account today. I vote that you take your wife out somewhere special! ;)

And yes, the sad thing is that you will just be getting what you need to cover the bills you couldn't pay when they didn't send you the correct amount. It certainly isn't a "jackpot" by any means.

The VSO and RO employees certainly wouldn't appreciate having to wait 10 months for their pay. I doubt they would have been as patient as they advised you to be.

I don't even fully understand all their talk about how this was a "learning experience" for them, or so unusual that they didn't know how to handle it. A paper you sent in was lost, misplaced, or something. That is not unusual. It happens all the time. The VSO should have a procedure for handling that. "The VA said they didn't get your form. We will re-send the form and proof that it was previously submitted, and follow up and make sure they associate it with your claim."

I don't "get" the "procedure" they used - i.e. The VA said they don't have your form. We know you sent it. But this is rare and unusual, and a learning experience for us. So instead of showing them the form was submitted, so they will reinstate your benefits - we will just start all over from square one and apply for TDUI all over again and so you can wait at the back of the line. Be patient....

I applaud you for not being as patient as everyone advised you to be. The "procedure" the VA and VSO were so-called using to "fix" the problem was not working. Veterans should not have to be patient when their benefits have been wrongfully reduced, and the problem can be easily fixed. If the problem could be fixed in 24 hours, they could have fixed it in 24 hours when it happened.

Think Outside the Box!

Free.. I'm definitely going to take her somewhere nice and maybe get her hair done lol. She hasn't got to do that in a long time. I talked to Peggy today and she said the only thing I'm waiting on is for US Treasury to deposit it and it could be today tomorrow or any day but if its not there by a week in a half to call back. She told me to call the bank and let them know a large sum would be getting deposited cause sometimes a bank will kick it back so I called them too. I still haven't talked to AL. I'm not going to try calling them anymore though. I'm sure they got my messages and know by now what happened. And I hope this "learning experience" taught them something and if this ever happens to another veteran they will know how to fix it Quick! And if so, than maybe my suffering was worth it. I will always be the one on here every Nov and Dec reminding people to send in their yearly forms. I don't think I could have kept my sanity if it weren't for the people on this site. They shorted me 2 thousand dollars but I'm not going to say or do anything about it right now until after the money hits the bank. What I'm getting is enough to catch all my bills up and give my kids a nice Christmas and a little to help some family in need. Whats left is being put in my savings account since in completely drained now. Well...and I promised the wife a new couch. I think she's worth it so it's gonna feel good to take her to pick it out. Thank you Free, for everything!! You've always been so kind and understanding and always tried to help me figure this out.