Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Needing Some Advice

Rate this question

infantry10

Question

My claim was rated on Oct 31 and it's been in pending decision approval ever since. I'm grateful that its got this far and its got the attention it has. But, if it doesn't start moving a little faster I'm afraid I'm going to lose my house. My question is...would it benefit me to contact a senator at this stage or would it hurt me. I am willing to do anything at this point if it would help move things along faster but I'm not sure if that would be the best option or not. If anyone has any advice, I would grately appreciate it!! I'm desperate and any opinions would be helpful. Thanks!!

Update... The guy from the RO called again to tell me everything was completed today. A lady called telling me she was doing the final work for the retro pay and it would be deposited today. Its not showing in mu acct yet but I'll check back in the morning. I went on ebenefits and the claim I had is now in the historical claims part as completed. My ab8 shows pay as 100% again. Whats funny about it is, I won that claim too but it was still in pending decision and was stuck there. The guy that helped me doesn't usually answer phones but just decided to. A weird thing was, the lady that called me from VA ended up having the same first and last name as my wife and her husband is a distant cousin of mine but I've never met him. I've prayed hard for this and I'm thankful for Gods blessing!

infantry- So glad to hear your finally getting your check. This is MAJOR BS and needs to be stopped. Anyone know how to relay our experiences to the people giving "accredation" or approval for a service organization to be on the list of groups that are approved to assist vets with claims with POA's??? These groups need to be heald accountable...Their VSO's are costing us time and money because of their incompatence! I'm soooo pissed off and want to do something about it.

Loose Cannon, I'd love to find out the answer to that. This has cause so many problems its unreal. In the past 10 months weve had our power water and phone disconnected. On the verge of foreclosure on our house. Almost lost our car. Had to postpone one of the kids surgery. My oldest son had to drop out of college. Went without food at times and just basically anything you could think of. The sad thing is, I couldn't get any answers and was told to just sit tight. I hope this never happens to another veteran again! I know one thing, I'll always send in a employment questionnaire till I die!

Edited by infantry10

I tried calling AL all day today to tell them a update on my stuff but never got a answer. Its a good thing I went out and faxed the form myself cause I'd probably be waiting another 10 months if I would have waited on them for help!!

good on you for doing that...If some of these service organizations were doctors, they'd be facing malpractice lawsuits.