Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision Made..

Rate this topic

scoutitout19d

I'm just seen on ebenefits my rating is 50% I feel so low balled my stomach is turning in knots I don't see how this is fair at all I've been unemployed and homeless for the last 4 years and they give me 50% that's not even close to enough to get me on my feet... I can't believe this.. so many thoughts are going thru my head.. PTSD has ruined my life.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Scoutitout,

I'm so sorry that you didn't get what you deserved, but congratulations on the win!! Keep fighting and if you have the evidence to prove that you should be at a higher rating based on the regulations, by all means submit a notice of disagreement of your rating. (After you receive your retro of course)

Shyne-I

I appreciate your response I just am trying not to lose it... I have 30k of debt alone not to mention 15k in child support... and right now I'm loving in a friends garage waking up with an occasional roach crawling on me while I sleep... I don't know what to do? Should I get a lawyer and have them appeal it for me? I need the big guns I don't trust anything the va offers me

VA is an insurance co. Did you expect them to roll over? File your NOD and list the reasons why you think you got the short end of the punji stick. Point to regulations in Part 4 of 38 CFR. Point to GAF scores. Point to benefit of the doubt when awarding the next higher ratings percentage regulations. But most of all-Point. No NOD means you agree with them. Always appeal. The statistics say you aren't going to get better. This is Win or Die when dealing with the VA. Do it now when it's easy and get it over with or let it fester for a lifetime in dribbles. VA will apportion something for the ex and the kids and that is to be expected. Get it to 100% sooner rather than later by fighting it now. Best of luck.

a

cp

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use